Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I once read that there is a simple way to switch the RHD headlights for driving in Europe.
If I remember correctly there is a tab somewhere behind the headlights but I am no longer sure of the location.
Does someone know how it is done?

Thanks
Claude

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
The headlight adjusters are only on the X Type I believe.

Roger

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Where did you read that.Only the X400 had them.
Please update your signature via the link below and tick the Show Signature box so we know which vehicle you have.

Roger

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hi,

I once read that there is a simple way to switch the RHD headlights for driving in Europe.
If I remember correctly there is a tab somewhere behind the headlights but I am no longer sure of the location.
Does someone know how it is done?

Thanks
Claude
Well on my 2001, I swapped the lights from RHD to LHD by replacing the metal beam deflector plates inside the headlights. The new plates cost £50 (bought on ebay) and are an easy DIY job to fit.

This is an ancient link to a photobucket album showing the plate and how to modify it if you don't want to buy new ones:-

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/pookitherat/media/bWVkaWFJZDo2NjQyMDQxMA==/?ref=

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim Headlamp

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.