Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4903 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday the owner of a Super V8 i was in talks with rings me offering to bring his car to me for a viewing, quite a surprise as he live in london. At 8.15 this morning he arrives
During the previous week i had had some help and guidance from the owner of the car on the right, so an invite for a buttie and a brew was issued for 9 ish and the timing was impeccable .Short while later a deposit was issued and collection arranged.

Many thanks To Richard for his assistance Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Thread,questions,pictures mods etc to follow

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
So much for originally wanting an X350 soot chucker :-D

·
Premium Member
23,028 Posts
From what my shipmate has told me, it sounds like you have landed yourself a really good car. Don’t worry about the few little niggles as help will be at hand in a fortnights time.

Good luck, welcome to Jaguar stewardship and I look forward to your upcoming thread.:mrgreen:

Reactions: MarkFY

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So much for originally wanting an X350 soot chucker :-D
Lol, Gary the v70 is taking care of business in that department

Thanks for your time this morning

Reactions: JimboV8 and Ashanti

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Thought you were off to North Wales?

You might want to edit your opening post, same sentence is repeated.

This morning was an absolute pleasure and unless the original owner is a member of this forum, he'll have had no clue we'd never met.

It's one thing to be born in Yorkshire, another to be bred there and brought up in.

Thankfully with all 3 comes common sense and craftiness :-D

Reactions: MarkFY and JimboV8

·
Premium Member
16,585 Posts
Superb Flatcap, good on you, welcome to the forum.

I see you've been taken under Yorkie Yoda's wing, good place to be, he'll see you right as you no doubt have gathered by now. He may have eaten all your hob knobs though :confused:

He has a voracious appetite for Jaguar and Hob knobs, just so you know lol

Enjoy your new ride

Jim

·
Registered
345 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous, I thought you wanted a diesel?

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous, I thought you wanted a diesel?
He did, but after his first contact asking I look over what he'd found, I suggested he buy anything to do the miles.

He duly did and both he and his SWMBO have been very surprised with the Volvo they bought.

Rich

Reactions: MarkFY and JimboV8

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Superb Flatcap, good on you, welcome to the forum.

I see you've been taken under Yorkie Yoda's wing, good place to be, he'll see you right as you no doubt have gathered by now. He may have eaten all your hob knobs though :confused:

He has a voracious appetite for Jaguar and Hob knobs, just so you know lol

Enjoy your new ride

Jim
Hobnobs..... wer strait in at me bacon and best coffee, the Colombian wasnt cutting it for that lad

Reactions: JimboV8 and Ashanti

·
Premium Member
23,028 Posts
Only the best for our Yoda.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought you were off to North Wales?

You might want to edit your opening post, same sentence is repeated.

This morning was an absolute pleasure and unless the original owner is a member of this forum, he'll have had no clue we'd never met.

It's one thing to be born in Yorkshire, another to be bred there and brought up in.

Thankfully with all 3 comes common sense and craftiness :-D
Just back from Forest Coaster in the national park, 250 mile round trip, post edited and beer opened, ones again thanks for the timely visit this morning, i have booked my trains for Tuesday.After the lad left i looked on steet view and the car is at the address, would have paid him up and dropped him at the station if i had seen this earlier.

Reactions: JimboV8

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Just back from Forest Coaster in the national park, 250 mile round trip, post edited and beer opened, ones again thanks for the timely visit this morning, i have booked my trains for Tuesday.After the lad left i looked on steet view and the car is at the address, would have paid him up and dropped him at the station if i had seen this earlier.
Glad you had a good trip.

Shame we never thought of street view, but what are the odds on it being at the address when google went by, I wouldn't have bet on it.

Talking of trips,

get your name down for this one, Langley Castle

·
Premium Member
16,585 Posts
Glad you had a good trip.

Shame we never thought of street view, but what are the odds on it being at the address when google went by, I wouldn't have bet on it.
Talking of trips,
get your name down for this one, Langley Castle
Yes Flatcap, what rich said ^^

Get your name down and come n meet the rest of the motley crew
Jim

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Flatcap, what rich said ^^

Get your name down and come n meet the rest of the motley crew
Jim
Had an planning meeting wi t Badger and its an oppotunity, want to wait till i get it home and do a few miles before i commit.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its started,a purchasing has already begun.

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Mesh inserts perhaps :-D

·
Premium Member
23,028 Posts
The chrome mesh inserts would certainly suit the colour.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They will be later, something more modest has been ordered to start with. Want to live with her for a bit and then prioritise.The rear seats will be high up that list.

1 - 20 of 4903 Posts