S Type Car Phone

fieldviewbarn

Reaction score
I have a '99 S Type with the Jaguar integrated car kit in the armrest. This is designed for the Motarola StarTac phone - which I don't have. As these seem to be a "Retro Classic" and cost a chuffing fortune does anyone know if any form of adapter can be used to enable any other form of phone to be used? Say, a recent Nokia?

Or does anyone have a Motarola StarTac they don't want?

stype

Reaction score
G'day Feildviewbarn,

Did you get a solution to your question. I am not very good with techy sort of things ... but it would be good if that spot inside the arm rest was able to be put to good use... do we have blue tooth in our cars? and if so, can our phones communicate with the blue tooth somehow... ??

The car seems to be really kitted up well for the phone with mikes in the pillars and controls on the steering wheel, etc...

Brawgates

Reaction score
Working S-Type StarTAC Phone

G'day Feildviewbarn,

Did you get a solution to your question. I am not very good with techy sort of things ... but it would be good if that spot inside the arm rest was able to be put to good use... do we have blue tooth in our cars? and if so, can our phones communicate with the blue tooth somehow... ??

The car seems to be really kitted up well for the phone with mikes in the pillars and controls on the steering wheel, etc...

If there's anyone out there still looking for a S-Type StarTAC 130 phone, I have one available as I retire my 1999 S-Type. It still works both manually and off the car's connector, integrating fully into the voice management system.

JBrickner

Reaction score
Working S-Type StarTAC Phone

If there's anyone out there still looking for a S-Type StarTAC 130 phone, I have one available as I retire my 1999 S-Type. It still works both manually and off the car's connector, integrating fully into the voice management system.
Do you still have it and if so will it work in a 2004? Also how much would you want for it?