S Type R VID lock corrupt ?

melhookv12

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been chasing a battery drain and I fear that while using SDD ( Drew Tech Clone ) that i have corrupted my VID block.

I have lost variable steering, i have tried more than 1 FEM module, and despite programming it as S type r, with enhanced handling the steering is still heavy when parking.
Using 1 FEM the alarm is passive arming then causing a battery drain. Using my original FEM, sometimes the switch system power relays stay active.

I can program my remotes ( SDD recognises the signal from the remote when programming ) but they will not lock/unlock/open boot/light headlamps.

Any help of guidance would be most appreciated.

Reading other threads, I'm thinking to manually enter the VIN number and refit my original FEM, program it as a new module then program the ECM as new ?

i am still reading up on other Google searches and other Jaguar forum's.

Thanks in advance for any contributions.

Have a good lockdown weekend.

melhookv12

Reaction score
No real codes. But I've lost my variable PAS and the remotes don't unlock the car, despite being accepted by the car when programming.

The VID block is where all the cars info is stored, the as built data, i think its in the ECM, but would like confirmation.

melhookv12

Reaction score
i have
B2477 AMP
B1265 ATC
b2207 DSM
p100 ECM

None of these codes are relevant to my problems though

ducmon

Reaction score

B2477 - Module Configuration Failure​

• Reprogram Module ("Flashing")
  • New Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Needs programming
  • Incorrect Vehicle Identification (VID) configuration
This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates programming error within Vehicle ID block (VID).
Using the scan tool, reprogram the VID block. If PCM does not allow reprogramming of the VID block, reflashing PCM will be required.

Check in the book what to do.

Reaction score
I think you will find more info about a corrupt VID block if you search for Ford corrupte VID block.

Configurable modules accommodate a variety of vehicle options, eliminating the need for many unique modules for one vehicle line. These modules must be configured when replaced as part of a repair procedure. Configurable modules should not be exchanged between vehicles since the settings are unique to each vehicle. Failure to configure a new module may result in improper operation or a corrupted VID block.

You need IDS/SSD to reprogram the new module.