Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some members on here know already .

Today at 12 noon my life was shattered. I will be having my driving licence revoked owing to Glaucoma.

This means only one thing the Green Goddess will have to be sold as i will not be able to driver her anymore :(

I will word out an advert for her later on when things have sunk in a little more.

If in the meantime anyone is seriously interested in her please pm me.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
So sorry to hear that, I wish you all the best in the future and hope you find a good owner for your beauty.

Roger

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Brian - you didn't get much usage out of my ally trim. :(

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Sorry to hear Brian, take care.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Aw, I'm really sorry to hear that.

Are you sure the diagnosis means you're permanently barred from driving ?

Is there no treatment that might improve your condition so that can drive again ?

Is there anyone who you'd trust to drive you around in the cat - I think that's what I'd try do if I were faced with a decision like yours.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
oh man I am so sorry to hear your news after all of the love you have showered onto your lovely Jaguar and now you are in this position, is there no treatment for glaucoma, I hope everything works out for you , all the best TM

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I send you my best wishes.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this, I would be totally lost if I couldn't drive anymore.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. Hope the cat goes to a loving home - she deserves to.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Can't really comprehend how you must feel. So sorry to hear your news.

Bad enough losing your pride and joy, but that's just a material thing.

I wish you well in your life in general - a car is just a car and your life is more precious.

Best Wishes.

Phil.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone for your wishes. She is now officialy for sale http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=104280&p=1046948#post1046948

I will shed a tear if and when she goes thats for sure. But My health is more important at the moment. Those who have asked unfortunately there is no way back from Glaucoma. It can be slowed down but not stopped. My eyes have gone from 1.75 for reading to 3.80 + So driving glasses are not available owing to dvla guidelines on eyesight :( to which i have failed this test 2 times now.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sorry to hear about your eyesight issues,I hope that it does not get any worse in future, your car has served you well and some of your road trip anecdotes were great to read.You are right your health is the most important thing so best wishes for the future

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Kbizet. I wish i could have undertook one last roadtrip like the ones i used to do. I re read them all last week. Bought a smile to my face and good memories.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
At least you still have all your memories from past road trips. Stay positive and I hope your car goes to a new enthusiastic owner.

Rick

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.