Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new ish on here and have now brought a 06 s-type 4.2 v8 sport. The car is beautiful in met Greg with full leather interior heated seats, heated wind screen alloy wheels and lastly limo privacy rear windows. Sadly I can't seem to put a pic on here. My question is that this is my second jag but first with satnav. The latest disc I can and have brought and put in is a 2012 disc for the maps. Apparently jag are about 5 years behind with any updates for the s-type, is there anyway I can update using a satnav disc from any other models. And help is much appreciated and I thank u in advance :)

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi Bob, no that is the last disc that was released for our vehicles. It is not Jaguars fault but NavTec. If you want an up to date system then get an aftermarket one. I have not had a problem with mine but that is probably that I only use it to get an idea where I am and use the old noggin to tell me if there is something not quite right with what is said Haha.

Roger

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Roger. Where would I find a after market one. I wouldn't have a clue to the first place to look lol. Thanks again

Bob

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
You can get Garmin or TomTom. Not that I would want stuck to the windscreen.

Roger

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I also have Google on my smart phone which is just as good.

Roger

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thanks guys, I thought tom tom just seems a shame when we have a built-in satnav. I don't like things on my screen either Roger, looks cluttered. Thanks again for your input

· Registered
22,331 Posts
I also have Google on my smart phone which is just as good.

Roger
Yep, I have a phone holder and Google Maps is our friend on our phones, perfect.

A relative got me a new 2-Din Swat Chino touch unit from Mos**** as a gift with Navitel SatNav, micro SD card, USB port, Radio, Video, MP3, Bluetooth etc.. it's also rubbish.

· Registered
547 Posts
I use a smart phone app called Waze. Takes a bit of setting up, but once up and running it's brilliant. If Navtec decided to update the 2012 disc, they'd make a fortune!

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I just downloaded waze and it is good. Maybe Navtec will eventually update the disc. Like u say they would make a fortune

· Banned
7,619 Posts
I use a smart phone app called Waze. Takes a bit of setting up, but once up and running it's brilliant. If Navtec decided to update the 2012 disc, they'd make a fortune!
I have recommended Waze for years Jasper , in fact I scrapped all our Tom Toms which kept getting stolen from the vans and
replaced them with this free Download some time back .

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Probably they found sales of the 2012 so low they gave up. (Hardly any sold, most pirated?)
At the prices they wanted It was ludicrously expensive. :confused:

Roger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.