Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,just had email from 24/7 spares,with there weekly offer,its an mannesmann oil pump which you use to change engine oil through the dipstick hole,£21.97.now as i have problems with arthritus, this sounds a god send as i dont have to lay under the motor or pay someone to do this, what do you think? iwould be pleased to see what you all think thanks peterw.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Hi peterw

Sucking nearly 6 odd ish?? litres out of the 10 odd mil dip stick hole sounds time consuming!! But in your case it could well be worth while. Do you have a picture/link of this device you can post so we can all have a gander? Sounds interesting...

Ryan

·
Registered
217 Posts
scavenger oil pump

I used one of these on a yacht engine ( no access to the sump ) it worked well enough but would not remove any gunge sitting in the sump. With modern engines and oils this is probably not an issue. But you will still have the filter to access to change?

·
Registered
308 Posts
But the dipstick tube doesn't protrude all the way to the bottom of the sump. And as mentioned, there's the oil filter to do anyway. Seems a good way to do only half a job if you ask me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.