Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 387 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw this car advertised last Friday, went to see, test drove and bought it on Saturday and finally brought home today.
The spec is phenomenal and with 16000mls on the clock I couldn't pass it by.
More photos will be forthcoming as the titivation begins but here she is at home.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your new catch.
Looks like a stunning example you've got there.

Did you trade in your old car?
Thanks and yes, the old one went as part of the deal.:-D

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet new ride Jim we just need plenty more pics in daylight :-D
Thanks mate. There will be more as I get to grips with this new beast.:mrgreen:

Reactions: Ashanti

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My old one went with 27000 mls on the clock and still drove like a new car but this XKR is in a different league altogether.
The colour of Polaris White is quite apt as it flies like a rocket.:wink::twisted::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a slight fan or Polaris White...join the club

Looking forward to some decent pics when it's all shiny :D
Many thanks Mark. I have never been a fan of black wheels, however, on this car it just looks right. To say I'm really pleased would be a complete understatement.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
6,398 Posts
Let this be a word of caution.

The Itch

A terrible affliction.

Thankfully its less virulent strain is cured by buying a V8 and for most this will be the end of their scratching.

But Jimbo had one I hear you say,

He did indeed, but alas his Itch was the more aggressive strain, only cured completely by......

A Supercharged V8

So, if you have a normally aspirated V8 and are not currently scratching, keep it that way by not test driving a supercharged one.

Do you really want to run the risk?

:-D

Sincere apologies Jim for being the perpetrator of your relapse

:mrgreen:

As I have no wish to have others suffer, my car is no longer available for test drives to those already owning a V8

Rich

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Rich. The skin has been red raw but is now healing wonderfully at the medication of driving at warp speed.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Many thanks Mark. I have never been a fan of black wheels, however, on this car it just looks right. To say I'm really pleased would be a complete understatement.:mrgreen:
My Winter Vulcans are waiting to go on, the alloys are currently decorating my living room floor.

Can you tell there's no female in my life right now? :D

·
Administrator
9,868 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Jimbo, looks really smart with the black/white contrast. Will have to look out for it at a meet in the near future. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on the purchase Jimbo, looks really smart with the black/white contrast. Will have to look out for it at a meet in the near future. :mrgreen:
Thanks Ian. The colour combo is what drew me in in the first place. That and the daughter of darkness likes white cars, go figure.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
6,398 Posts
Thanks Ian. The colour combo is what drew me in in the first place. That and the daughter of darkness likes white cars, go figure.:mrgreen:
Aaaaahhhhh!

The truth is out,

any other colour than white and it have been a no chance Jack!

More a "you've a got a nice car, so make do with it"

Who said only politicians could spin?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Very, very nice Jimbo! Can't wait for the daytime pics :)

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Alec, a compliment indeed from you young sir.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Niall, hope you enjoy yours too.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Jim, Jim, Jim you got her home at last :-D

You said as much a few days ago but were waiting to get it collected and on the drive, albeit the pics a bit grainy but she looks the mutts nutts for sure. Like you said yourself, I'm not a massive fan of black wheels but on that Polaris white they just work perfectly.

16k miles and that's the running in done then lol, must be like new almost?

I'm sure you must've been a wee bit sad to see your old chariot go? Richy Rich and his test drives have a lot to answer for lol.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some better pics at some point soon too.

I'll finish with just a few questions....
Is this your new ownership thread or will you start one?
Any plans for the car other than washing / cleaning / taking lots of pics and driving it?

Jim

·
Premium Member
23,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jim. I was a bit sad to see the old one go but that didn’t last long:mrgreen: as I was trying to keep the skin on my face when I hit the loud pedal on the new one.:wink::twisted:
No plans at the moment though I will be doing a weekend detail on her when the weather allows.

Better pictures will be posted in the very near future and yes, as you now know, the callipers are red.:mrgreen::twisted::mrgreen::twisted::wink:

1 - 20 of 387 Posts