Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to do the servicing (oil, oil filter, air filter, polen filter, fuel filter) and any links are much appreciated (I was thinking to go with this oil: Total Quartz Energy 9000 0W-30 Motor Oil) for the other components.

I think I need 7L for oil? Any other suggestions please? maybe Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 5W-30 A5 ?

Also, any ideas how to replace my XF 2008 3.0 V6 Petrol fuel filter? is it DIY?

Thanks in advance!

L.E. I was able to find this link: http://www.jaginfo.org/showthread.php?8578-D-I-Y-Service/page2 - is it the same vor petrol models?

I have also found this:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
So long as it meets Jag specs, any fully synthetic oil should be fine. Most online suppliers give a list. I used Millers XF from opie oils which is good quality and good value but mines a diesel so your oil will be different. At least you don’t have to worry about the C1 low ash bit!
as for the video -diesel issue by the looks of it, to that my S has ever missed a beat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks a lot jberks , totally agree. I had a quick chat with opie guys yesterday, as I was curious about a price difference between those 2. Apart the fact that castrol magnatec meets the Ford 913 latest specs, and XTR uses old specs, no other differences.

Regarding fuel filter, I had a look yesterday under my bonnet, there's no filter as in the video. I think it's located somewhere in front of left front wheel?

L.E.

I've decided to go with Fuchs TITAN Supersyn F Eco-DT 5w-30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil
Fuchs TITAN Supersyn F Eco-DT SAE 5W-30 is a highly energy conserving multigrade passenger car engine oil suitable for Ford diesel and gasoline engines. The most up to date technology of TITAN Supersyn F EcoDT SAE 5W-30 is absolutely beneficial for current engine technology. TITAN Supersyn F Eco-DT SAE 5W-30 provides advantages in economy, durabilty and exhaust gas emissions. TITAN Supersyn F EcoDT SAE 5W-30 affords excellent durability for long life performance, wear protection and cold temperature performance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.