Should I buy F-pace?

Magician

Reaction score
Hi I currently have a range rover evouqe dynamic ...its a beautiful car but after 2 years I think its time for something different... Im thinking of an F pace, not sure what model but around the 2016 plate with around 20K to 30K miles on. Are there specific things I should check for when looking around one? Thanks

Hydrajaws

Reaction score
Definitely check for any driveline and engine vibration between 1800 and 2400 RPM in 5th gear as I am told by my dealer this problem can still exist. I rejected 2 new F Paces during 2016 /17 with this problem which Jaguar customer services then informed me it was a characteristic of the vehicle which was their ploy in trying to stop further rejections. Best of luck!

Marks_DTM

Reaction score
I chucked 28k of trouble free miles on my 180 R-Sport, was a great car.

A much more agile car than the older Evoque, quieter and lighter to

HSB420G

Reaction score
Hi, I bought my FPace 180 R Sport manual 2 wheeled drive. in Dec 16, now done 44000 miles, with 74 best ever MPG and averaging 58+ for normal driving. Best car ever, 110 tax, got it with 5 years free servicing, with bargaining as I do loads of miles. They didn't know that at the time or else wouldn't have offered it 😊. So yes, buy one and enjoy the experience. I've just extended the warranty till 100000 for 60 odd per month. Worth every penny, then trouble free driving.

Winchester12g

Reaction score
My cousin recently left his local Jaguar dealer having served a couple of years as Head of Customer Service. The stories he's since told about the F-Pace are quite remarkable and I'd never buy one, although I get that there are thousands of happy owners!

KeithLyall

Reaction score
As Hydrajaws says check for vibration. On ours (2.0D AWD, 180PS, 2017 MY) it happens at ~1,650 revs in any gear when the car is under load e.g. 70mph in top when you encounter a slight incline on the motorway. Based on various loan cars it seems later cars suffered less from this particular 'characteristic'.

kbizet

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied to this thread it is really useful to be given an insight into ownership experiences

pj704

Reaction score
Has any others experience common issues they can point out? I am thinking of buying an F Pace as well, 2020.