Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says it somehow worked loose and just sitting at bottom of unit ,any one got any thoughts how to retrieve it without taking everything apart, going to try vacuum later 馃

Premium Member
Chewing gum on the end of a coat hanger.

Registered
My sympathy's Peter
It happened to me a short while ago with an LED.
It was fun and games but i got it out eventually.
I found the red pouring adapter from an oxicat tin was the same size as the end of the wife's hoover .
Taped it to the hoover with electrical tape to act as a reducer.Then used some 6mm FLEXIBLE airline hose, had to tape it up a bit to fatten it up, and inserted into the end of the reducer,and sealed together with more electrical tape.
It needed flexible hose because it's a bugger to maneuver once you've finally got it through the sidelight bulb hole !!! That's a task in itself.
After dropping the bulb at least 50 times i manged to get a good vacuum at the end of the bulb and got the bugger through the hole.
After the first hour i almost gave up, but ended up going in again a few days later once i had wound myself down.
Not the easiest job, but it is possible if you are patient:-D

Registered
Best of luck Peter. If you gets it on the first go, you wins a Goldfish!

Garfi.... I like the way you said "The wife's hoover"!

Registered
Best of luck Peter. If you gets it on the first go, you wins a Goldfish!

Garfi.... I like the way you said "The wife's hoover"!
. :-D Apparently it is hers whenever I try to take it outside to vacuum the car, but when it breaks sucking up hair clips it my duty to replace it !

Registered
I had two LED lamps that the solder melted on after a long drive with full beam on (ebay cheapies) in the end I just took the lights out and shook them about until the broken bits fell out. It was quicker in the end.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the B,;:!鈥!? D after 3 hours with vacuum and flexible straw attached, it鈥檚 like one of them Claw things in toy story just get it to the top and then dropped again , anyway thanks for all the ideas guys , I have super glued a length of thin wire to plastic side of bulb so if it happens again I can pull it back up , cheers guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.