Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put me old x type in for mot yesterday, failed on both sills requiring welding at the rear, have had it for 8 years bought it with 72,000 on the clock now got 190,000 still goes like the clappers and always get between 45 and 50 mpg, uses minimal amount of oil between oil changes (every 8000 miles) usual tyres, brake pads and disks over the years, on its third egr valve, original clutch,battery,injectors,exhaust except for the flexi section, aircon only recharged once, front coil springs and wishbone arms replaced also wheel bearings all round, done the turbo mod to allow the mr muscle treatment (worked a treat). Brought it back home up on the ramps bit of a poke with a screwdriver and it's about the first 300mm on each side at the rear, cut all the bad bits out fabricated some new patches and just waiting for the wind to drop to weld them in then still good for a few more years. It's a 2.2 sport. I have also just bought a 2.0 estate with intermittent sat nav, siezed wheel nuts,siezed rear wiper, nonfunctional air con,rain sensing wipers not working correctly and oil leak from the bell housing. Air con,wipers and oil leak just left to sort.
Regards
Ac

· Registered
4,382 Posts
Sounds like you got a good one with that 2.2, worth the effort to keep on the road. Original clutch!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you got a good one with that 2.2, worth the effort to keep on the road. Original clutch!
It had been a reps car before I got it so all motor way miles, during my ownership it was the same,all long distance journeys so perhaps that's why the clutch and injectors have lasted so long. Retired now so only using as second car. Done the welding today and resubmitted for mot all ok

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
That sounds good, but a little surprised to hear that on a 2007 as they introduced drains on the sills after 2004.
But 190k could have something to do with it.

Roger

· Registered
362 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2004 X type, with the drain holes in the sills. I think the rust that the earlier ones suffered was at the front rusting from the inside, hence a very expensive repair. The holes that appear in front of the rear wheels are most likely rusting from the outside in, and is caused by road debris and mud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.