Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've Noticed that I have a single knock noise when turning with full/nearly full lock on. It is a distinct knock noise that happens only one time during the maneuver.

The car is still under guarantee for a week so if this is an issue I'd like to know sooner rather than later.

Many thanks.

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Take it back and get them to check it.

Roger

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I will do that, obviously but I like to be armed with a little bit of information from others who have experienced the issues so they don't just fob it off or make stuff up as seems to be the case with the motor trade.

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
If the dealer is a good one he will sort it. It could be a bush or something not attached correctly. May even be a broken spring.

Roger

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny you mention a broken spring because that showed up on the mot that he supplied when I bought it three weeks ago and then he said it had been replaced as part of passing that mot, I hope he isn't making stuff up.

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
The springs tend to crack at the upper cup and as the steering is turned it can clonk. Some morons just lubricate the cup to allow the spring to turn so to speak eliminating the clonk.
Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.