Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly confused about the DPF on my X type, as when reading posts on here from other X type owners, they always say the revs go up from about 800 to 950 rpm when doing a regen this is where im getting confused, my 2.2 diesel has always ran at 950rpm and ive covered a thousand miles in it. Ive checked the oil level it doesn't appear to be rising, which I would expect if been doing a regen for the last month or two, ive not had any warning lights on either

So do I have an issue or is it just me worrying about nothing?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm guessing that you have the 2.2 manual as there was no mention of auto in your profile. Maybe the manual idles at a slightly different speed to my auto. What you need is a large number of people replying so you can take an average. It does not seem like anything to be concerned about if it has always been this way and you would notice extra heat from underneath if a regen was happening.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Slightly confused about the DPF on my X type, as when reading posts on here from other X type owners, they always say the revs go up from about 800 to 950 rpm when doing a regen this is where im getting confused, my 2.2 diesel has always ran at 950rpm and ive covered a thousand miles in it. Ive checked the oil level it doesn't appear to be rising, which I would expect if been doing a regen for the last month or two, ive not had any warning lights on either

So do I have an issue or is it just me worrying about nothing?
I'm not trying to be funny, but are you sure you have a DPF?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Only the facelift autos had them as standard. They were an option on the manuals but I doubt many people chose them. My bet is that you don't have one (which is good).

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
DPF was only ever standard on the 2.2 auto.
It was an option on manual cars, so you need to check your build spec to be sure.

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
If you have a manual gearbox you won't have a Diesel Particulate Filter, as these were only fitted as standard to the 2:2 auto gearbox facelift model's.They were available as an optional extra and I don't know if any manual model's ever had them fitted as an optional extra.

It just goes to show that jaguar were willing to fit them to any x type, but never thought about informing the customer that with a DPFILTER you need a Low Ash C1 engine oil WSS M2C 934B this number is not mentioned in the x type Handbook.

Regards Tom.

G

·
The face-lift X-Type emissions conformed to Euro 4 standards so DPFs were optional on manuals but standard on autos.

Euro 5 standards (2009 onwards) meant DPFs had to be fitted and now we have Euro 6 so many cars have SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and need to use AdBlue - urea. I wonder if you could pee in the tank instead...............?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.