So What Did You Do to your Jaguar today ?

rob1966

Reaction score
I do understand David. Whenever I stay at a seaside hotel in the UK, I always take a 5 litre plastic can of ready-mixed car shampoo and a wash-mitt in the boot and use it as soon as the crap is apparent. But believe me, this wasn't bird poo. I asked the guy in the bodyshop who did the work if he knew what it was. He told me that the only time he had ever seen anything like this before was on some cars brought in from the underground car park at the local civic centre. Well, well, I parked under there last week...
You can tell from the picture that whatever it is has been sprayed onto the car by a human, I'd say with a spray bottle such as used for windowlene.

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
You can tell from the picture that whatever it is has been sprayed onto the car by a human, I'd say with a spray bottle such as used for windowlene.
I admire your detective skills - it looks to me like it could have been dripping from above.

If someone with a spray bottle of noxious chemical wanted to use it to damage the car paintwork, I don't think they would have limited themselves to that one spot - but maybe I have too dim a view of human nature.

Bronco

Reaction score
I admire your detective skills - it looks to me like it could have been dripping from above.

If someone with a spray bottle of noxious chemical wanted to use it to damage the car paintwork, I don't think they would have limited themselves to that one spot - but maybe I have too dim a view of human nature.
I agree Jim - er, I mean Chris! If it was a deliberate malicious act, I don't think it would have been limited to one spot. I didn't mention the Civic Centre underground car park to the bodyshop technician, or the fact that I use it, he volunteered that the only other time he had come across this was when some cars had suffered similar damage in there. It is a dank, 1960s concrete structure, with water seeping through in places, so it seems as likely a source as anywhere else. I was in there last Wednesday evening, and I can't recall walking round to the passenger side until SWMBO remarked upon it yesterday afternoon. It is quite possible she wouldn't have noticed it getting into the car in a tight garage yesterday, or when getting out and walking away to the pub, but she saw it when she walked back to the car. Whatever, I will be careful where I park in the Civic Centre in future - if there is water on the ceiling or the floor, I will park in another spot. And I will check all round the car when I get back to it..

Last edited: