Jaguar Forum banner
14221 - 14240 of 14311 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
No way I can follow the previous post. 2 of my favourite looking things in one shot. That's a drop the mic moment there John.
Old Bic is pretty much a head turner again. Wet look shiny and almost scab free. Well it was yesterday went out today and looks like half the Sahara has been dumped on it. So what did I do today? Well so far been resisting the urge to break out the microfibre cloth and autoglym wash.

Reactions: JohnW

·
Registered
917 Posts
I also suffered the Sahara effect yesterday: Autoglym Rapid Detailer and a couple of microfibres did the trick 👍 thanks to the high gloss imparted by #1 Son’s efforts soon shiny again. Good job it wasn’t on Lancaster day!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Took out the K&N air filter panel and gave it a thorough clean with the correct kit.

Didn't take long to dry, in the weather today! :cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nipped out at 6pm to put diesel in, showing 37c, never seen that on a UK car, have seen 49c in Dubai though and 107f/41.6 c in Orlando. Jumped in the car, aircon on, immediately blowing out ice cold air, was lovely.

They are banging on about the heat here, you wanna try returning to a car that's been sat in the sun for 6 hours outside Busch Gardens, had to take a deep breath, jump in to start it, aircon on full and then stand outside with the engine running for 10 minutes before it was safe to get inside

Reactions: Whiskery

·
Registered
602 Posts
Good day guys... took the opportunity to hoover the car out.... and clean the leather seats and give them a good feed of renpour.
Tomorrow I will drive the dam thing 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: John Wilko

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
It has been way too hot to do anything with my X-Type the last few days, and it too has another coating of fine sand. I did however take delivery of a Uniprod Garage Mate, which consists of a large mat for lying down on and a small one for kneeling. Should be much more comfy than what I have been doing, which is using my front rubber car mats to kneel on. £10.40 from Halfords ex. P&P.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Well, I had a look under the car at the weekend with a view to sorting the welding out, found that the chassis around the tank was looking a bit fragile, and to get to it I would have had to drop the tank.

Drop the rear axle to drop the tank. Decided it wasn't worth it, I'm not fit enough so yesterday Y902 BLB got carted off to the great scrapyard in the sky.

Got £460 for it scrap value!. Quite impressed with that.

So that's one down, one X type 3.0 Estate to be MOT'd and gone, decide if I'm going to do my S type's sills, get the AS sensor changed on the back of the XJ6.
My month off turned into a Week off... Can't turn down the work.

• Sad
Reactions: mac_doctor

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Glad you're still active and about Lost-it, it would be all-too easy to abdicate all endeavours and sit indoors. That £450 was for the petrol in the tank by the way!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Nothing as he's still broken. But counting the days - engine replacement starts Monday...

TMW

·
Registered
82 Posts
Aside from admiring it that's about it. Going to wait a few days before it gets another wash. Waiting for this sand to stop appearing.

·
Registered
917 Posts
A soapy wash earlier, the Jag too! After the top class treatment by #1 Son last week, the mixture of Sahara desert and dust from the nearby farmers fields just floated off. I’ve treated meself to a couple of products he used: Autoglym detail spray and also their tyre treatment: excellent results.
Travelling up to Lincs tomoz: daughters civil partnership ceremony. Taken her time: she’s 42 and they’ve been together for 20 years!

Reactions: PetA and MarkFY

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,261 Posts
Nothing as he's still broken. But counting the days - engine replacement starts Monday...

TMW
Fingers firmly crossed for you... and Horus 🤞

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Fingers firmly crossed for you... and Horus 🤞
Cheers MarkFY.

Hopefully this time next week he'll be back with me.

TMW

Reactions: MarkFY

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,261 Posts
Cheers MarkFY.

Hopefully this time next week he'll be back with me.

TMW
I'm hoping he might want to come along, show off his new cam shaft and meet everyone next Spring ;)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm hoping he might want to come along, show off his new cam shaft and meet everyone next Spring ;)
You never know...

Be nice if the XK8 was sold by then too. Somebody somewhere must want him! (See ad in "Jaguars for sale" section)

TMW

Reactions: MarkFY

·
Registered
19 Posts
Approaching a small roundabout from a single 30mph B road with a 68 plate white Golf GTI trying to mount my rear bumper, the exit opened into a 70mph dual carriageway. Upset my lady’s fine rump was attracting too much Germanic attention and feeling slightly mischievous I slipped into sport mode and as the young lad pulled out to overtake I pressed the go-go pedal. 😎
Being the law abiding citizen I eased off at 70mph and watched with satisfaction as the lad, who looked about 12, eventually overtook and didn’t stop accelerating until he disappeared over the horizon.
I think he was a bit annoyed. 😂

14221 - 14240 of 14311 Posts