Jaguar Forum banner
14241 - 14260 of 14310 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Approaching a small roundabout from a single 30mph B road with a 68 plate white Golf GTI trying to mount my rear bumper, the exit opened into a 70mph dual carriageway. Upset my lady’s fine rump was attracting too much Germanic attention and feeling slightly mischievous I slipped into sport mode and as the young lad pulled out to overtake I pressed the go-go pedal. 😎
Being the law abiding citizen I eased off at 70mph and watched with satisfaction as the lad, who looked about 12, eventually overtook and didn’t stop accelerating until he disappeared over the horizon.
I think he was a bit annoyed. 😂
Nice :)

I worked with a fella who had a 3.0d XF, the 275bhp version I think it was, I remember him destroying a 5 series BMW from the lights. Son of a neighbour had an XFR-S, my neighbour described is as terrifyingly fast.

Reactions: SHABA

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Dropped him at the garage for the engine swap....

Not a lot else to say really!

TMW

• Love
Reactions: mac_doctor

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: MarkFY

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,261 Posts
And anything else you can put a knot in...

TMW
I feel your pain buddy... How long before you know the transplant has been a success?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
In theory, tomorrow afternoon, however I know how other events come along and could cause interruption so I've said to him to take as needed - I would assume realistically late Wednesday I will hear something. I'm not going to chase and pester, I've been going there about 10 years so I trust them to do what's needed.

Once done we're going to see what we can salvage off the old one as spares too so if things go wrong in the future I will already have some parts as spares.

TMW

·
Premium Member
2001 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 02MY 88K miles Platinum, Cranberry leather sports seats
6,261 Posts
In theory, tomorrow afternoon, however I know how other events come along and could cause interruption so I've said to him to take as needed - I would assume realistically late Wednesday I will hear something. I'm not going to chase and pester, I've been going there about 10 years so I trust them to do what's needed.

Once done we're going to see what we can salvage off the old one as spares too so if things go wrong in the future I will already have some parts as spares.

TMW
It does make things easier when you've found a mechanic you trust, they are definitely worth holding on to. And a good plan to salvage spares.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yeah the replacement engine came with a lot of the ancillary parts too rather than just being a bare unit so it made perfect sense really. Good price too compared to others out there...

TMW

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It's out!!!

TMW

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport

Reactions: PetA and MarkFY

·
Registered
917 Posts
Woo: that’s a big old beastie on the floor! Glad it’s going ok.

I’d be tempted to renew any parts that are a pain to get to with the engine in situ: the bulkhead side lambda sensors spring to mind: I lost multiple layers of skin and ran out of swearies and blasphemies doing them on my previous 2.5 SE. Just a thought.

Hope the job continues going well. 👍

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Cheers.

They called me at 5.30 with an end of day update. Couple of small issues in the extraction but sorted along the way.

Back in tomorrow...

TMW

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Cheers.

They called me at 5.30 with an end of day update. Couple of small issues in the extraction but sorted along the way.

Back in tomorrow...

TMW
Day One done... Still keeping fingers crossed for Day Two. Great photo... it really does feel like a transplant.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Day 2 is going to be reinstall.

Then Wednesday fluids and fire up.

It's like watching an episode of Fast and Loud. Get me some of that...

TMW

·
Registered
917 Posts
I was thinking Fast and Loud….. let’s hope the Baldy Bloke doesn’t cause a delay painting the engine block………

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi guys today a wee trip to the jaguar Heritage Trust museum OMG some lovely kit.
I spoke to one of the trust guys called John and got some very good information from him about the x-type Estate and the one picture below X 400 SVO is a three litre petrol from 2003 and has fantastic seats and a nice trim to the interior ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive design

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Grille Automotive parking light Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Hi guys today a wee trip to the jaguar Heritage Trust museum OMG some lovely kit.
I spoke to one of the trust guys called John and got some very good information from him about the x-type Estate and the one picture below is a... three litre petrol from 2003 and has fantastic seats and a nice trim to the interior ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
View attachment 53833
View attachment 53838
View attachment 53841
View attachment 53840
View attachment 53839
View attachment 53837
View attachment 53832
View attachment 53835
View attachment 53834
View attachment 53836
You should have asked them to open the bonnet Bob...............................it also has a SUPERCHARGER !!!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
You should have asked them to open the bonnet Bob...............................it also has a SUPERCHARGER !!!!!
I did.... OMG their is no room left on the inside.... Just full of engine 😂
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

Reactions: JohnW and Mackem159

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I was thinking Fast and Loud….. let’s hope the Baldy Bloke doesn’t cause a delay painting the engine block………
Ha - you mean Mike Coy.

No he's not about this time, however they did hit some delays today as were a man down. Not an issue.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Progress is still positive, that's all that matters.

TMW

14241 - 14260 of 14310 Posts