Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an X Type 3.0 Sports Estate and had a bit of an experience changing over the alloy wheel to the spare after a puncture recently, I bought the car second hand (it came with after market alloys) and when fitting the factory spare to get home I noticed that the wheel nuts off the alloys didn't seat themselves properly to secure due to their design, my wife's Mercedes came with separate wheel nuts for the compact spare in her car so my question is does anyone have the part number for spare wheel nuts for the X Type? any advice gratefully appreciated

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
There are no spare wheel nuts supplied for the spare. I have also found the nuts seam to be proud of the wheel when fitted but have not had any problem with them seating.

Roger

· Registered
690 Posts
I don't have any numbers but my alloys have one set of tophat nuts and the steels used for winter have "ordinary" style wheel nuts so they do exist...

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I don't have any numbers but my alloys have one set of tophat nuts and the steels used for winter have "ordinary" style wheel nuts so they do exist...
I did not say that they do not exist I am just saying that they do not come with the space saver wheel and for using the space saver in the short term the alloy nuts would be ok. If you have purchase steel wheels for winter use then obviously you would want steel wheel nuts.

Roger

· Registered
14 Posts
These will fit 100% on your spare wheel (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Radmu...413831?hash=item3cd938c407:g:8u4AAOSwAodWFXDS)
I bought a full set of nuts for to go with a set of Ford Focus steel wheels with winter tyres. They fit perfectly with the space saver spare wheel of my 2.2 X-type.
Talk to the seller - maybe he can offer you just a set of five.
They are identical with any Ford Mondeo/Focus/C-Max wheel nuts that come as standard with steel wheels on low trim levels.

I hope it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.