Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Anything's possible. Depends on how much work you want to do. For me the key would be if the spring/damper pick up points on the body are in the same place. Pictures on ebay of the sportbrake airsprings look shorter than the saloon ones. Could be an illusion tho. Then you'd need the compressor, airlines and the suspension height sensors plus wiring. I do not know if the sportbrake system is standalone in operation or if its tied into the body control computer. If it is then that side of it would be tricky. Why do you want to do it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like it could be a nightmare trying to connect computers up to. I drove the sportbrake which has the system and it actually holds the road better. It's a firmer more engaging ride in sport.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Really? Ive had a coupe of them as courtesy cars and i can't say id noticed. I would think wheel/tyre size and pressure would make more of a difference. Also high spec saloon models with the bigger engines get adaptive suspension. Have you tried that?

·
Premium Member
XJ Autobiography
695 Posts
...... Also high spec saloon models with the bigger engines get adaptive suspension. Have you tried that?
Not as standard, it was still an option. I have the XF Portfolio 3.0 litre petrol Supercharged model (Sept 13) and the adaptive suspension is not fitted, according to Topix it was an optional extra.
One problem is that the usual car salesman will tell you it has adaptive suspension because he does not know any better, the best way to be sure is to get the Topix build sheet print-out.
I certainly agree with your comments about wheels and tyres making a difference. My car certainly feels more planted on the standard 20" rims than it does on 18" wheels that I bought to fit with winter tyres. With the 18" wheels fitted (currently with summer tyres) it feels quite "skittish" when you put the power down.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Not as standard, it was still an option. I have the XF Portfolio 3.0 litre petrol Supercharged model (Sept 13) and the adaptive suspension is not fitted, according to Topix it was an optional extra.
One problem is that the usual car salesman will tell you it has adaptive suspension because he does not know any better, the best way to be sure is to get the Topix build sheet print-out.
I certainly agree with your comments about wheels and tyres making a difference. My car certainly feels more planted on the standard 20" rims than it does on 18" wheels that I bought to fit with winter tyres. With the 18" wheels fitted (currently with summer tyres) it feels quite "skittish" when you put the power down.
I have found that you can't 100% trust the tOPIX build sheet, sometimes it shows options the car doesn't have and/or doesn't show options it does have.
The easiest way to check if the car has adaptive suspension is to lift the bonnet and look at the tops of the strut towers. If there are electrical wires plugged into the tops of the towers it has adaptive suspension, if no wires/plugs then it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
XJ Autobiography
695 Posts
I have found that you can't 100% trust the tOPIX build sheet, sometimes it shows options the car doesn't have and/or doesn't show options it does have.
The easiest way to check if the car has adaptive suspension is to lift the bonnet and look at the tops of the strut towers. If there are electrical wires plugged into the tops of the towers it has adaptive suspension, if no wires/plugs then it doesn't.
I accept your comments, the point I was making is that adaptive suspension is not a standard fitting, it is an optional extra.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.