Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately not the tina turner song , someone please help !
I purchased a 2008/9 xf premium in feb 2017 as a sunday car basically , more or less everytime i drive it on short or long distance the windows steam up to the extent you can drive no further , i have changed pollen filter as reccomended but no joy any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Put the A/C in auto first of all and leave it like that. If that doesn’t cure it then check the A/C is working correctly.

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
It is the recommended way to fully utilise the A/C. And that’s exactly what it’s designed for.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If the A/C is working correctly, moisture will be removed from the cabin air.

The cabin air will hit the cold (eveporator) coil, and the moisture will condense on the coil and drip away.

It seems counter intuitive but the A/C should be left on even when the the cabin needs to be warmed. The air is dried first as above then heated and this will de-humidify the interior.

Regards.................................................IP

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Yes welcome from me too. The A/C is actually Climate Control which as IP and others say should be set to Auto. Normal A/C would not dehumidify but just give cold air.

Roger

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Yes welcome from me too. The A/C is actually Climate Control which as IP and others say should be set to Auto. Normal A/C would not dehumidify but just give cold air.

Roger
Sorry but can't agree. The cold evaporator coil even in a straightforward A/C system will still dehumidify the air. This dry air can then be warmed which will in turn lower the humidity in the cabin.
This is why it is called Air conditioning.

Regards....................................IP

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Sorry but can't agree. The cold evaporator coil even in a straightforward A/C system will still dehumidify the air. This dry air can then be warmed which will in turn lower the humidity in the cabin.
This is why it is called Air conditioning.

Regards....................................IP
OK I give you that one:-D but some do not have the Auto function.

Roger

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

Hi W.A,
Welcome to the website and forum.

I have owned my 2004 XJ-V8 since last November and it's brilliant.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful and some of the usernames here ( like TeapotTony and PigletJohn ) make me smile.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Welcome.

Before you spend any money, check that the air conditioning isn't set to recirculation. If the air is being recirculated any humidity created inside the car will condense on the windows, you breath out a considerable amount of moisture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.