Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A reply to my thread describing my steering problem has suggested having the fluid flushed and refilled. Has anyone had this done (UK) and know where and how much it cost? OR is it a DIY process?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta. I've flushed about 4L through the system but the problem remains. It only occurs when cold and the judder is accompanied by a slight squeal from the belt. The belt was changed at the last service (summer 17) but I'm wondering if it's worth putting another on in case it's slipping. Only other bits are the tensioner and the pump.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I had a slipping belt causing juddering in the steering. I forced on a shorter belt on, suspecting the original had stretched. A few months later the tensioner pulley bearing seized. I replaced the tensioner assembly and belt. All was well after that, no slipping juddering or squeeling.

My method for a fluid change was prompted by the main high pressure pipe from the pump to the rack decided to spring a leak at the pump. You can get a replacement o-ring seal assembly for a few quid from Jaguar - the XF uses the same. However, you damage the main pipe trying to get the old seal off. A new HP pipe was £100 but the seal was another few quid. For a £100 part you would have thought they would include a required seal. Anyway, this whole faff caused several fluid changes down my driveway.

Knowing what I know now, if the ps belt slips, change the tensioner assembly and fit a new belt. If the HP pipe leaks at the pump, simply replace it.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
A reply to my thread describing my steering problem has suggested having the fluid flushed and refilled. Has anyone had this done (UK) and know where and how much it cost? OR is it a DIY process?
my missus jag has a built in flushing mechanism, everytime she turns the wheel full lock it pisses fluid all over the place :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.