Stop/Start

partsmart

Reaction score
2017 Portfolio 2.0d, I have owned this car for 3 months and in that time the stop/start has not worked once. Took the car last week to a dealer under warranty to investigate they required it overnight to trickle charge the battery, collected the car unfortunately though on a Saturday afternoon so no chance to speak to a technician. Stop/start still not working, I have seen many posts on many XF Forums regarding stop/start not working. Is there anyone on this forum that actually has a X260 with a working stop/start.

royrajat

Reaction score
I have XF Prestige and since last few months I have had some problems intermittently with Stop/start for no reason whatsoever. Most of the time I felt it was the climate control (or fault in that to be precise) that does not allow stop/start to work So recently a few months after I started experiencing this problem, I have had two problems 1) aircon leak 2) turbo leak. Both have just been diagnosed and i am wondering if the stop/start has something to do with either as it is quite sensitive to the overall functioning of the car.

Andy5112405

Reaction score
Mine works flawlessly but if it does encounter a frequent STOP/START situation like a traffic jam it will rapidly stop working.

Xfsman

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2016 XFS here in the States. My start/stop was not working. Technician had to update software related to control module I believe

LOA

Reaction score
I have a 2016 XF 3.5T. I have stop/start on it. I have determined that there are a few things that affect the functioning of the stop/start. How frequently is the vehicle driven? Is it driven daily, or a weekend/nice day car. The state of charge of the main battery will affect how the S/S functions. Next is the ambient temperature - below zero (actually about 8 degrees C) it switches off.

If mine does stop, a quick top up with a trickle charger eliminates the issue. My XF isn't a daily driver at this point - and it spends a great deal of time in the garage. I keep it locked while in the garage, as that shuts off the sensors that are always waiting for you to approach, and saves the charge in the battery from draining away quickly.

Hope this helps.

Dave

telferstr

Reaction score
Some positions relating to the ventilation and heating system can affect the Stop/Start function, ie operating the Demist position only, will prevent the stop/start system from operating.
My last car and the current car this is the case. My car is not a Jaguar, but many of these system have the same function.
Just a thought.

Loofah

Reaction score
I've only had my XF a couple of days and honestly don't recall if this is working on mine or not! Don't remember engine shutting off at light etc though...

Loofah

Reaction score
This is going to be a stupid question but how do you check?! Merc had double-tap the brake and it held the car but Jags don;t work that way. Is it to stop then apply toggle switch brake in the central column?