Suggestions for cheaper insurance

JimC64

Reaction score
but computer engineer role affects the policy in a bad way? or which jobs are the best for insurance in general, so I can have an overall idea?

Have you for example tried just "engineer" or "pc doctor" or "tech" in a computer role etc etc?

You'd be surprised how such a simple wording issue can knock pounds off, it may only be £30 or could be a £100+

Jim

ady_uaic

Reaction score
Wow, thanks a lot JIMC64, these are so useful!
I've managed to sign a new policy with chris knotts (thanks to this forum), for 1200£ with 1000£ excess. That's more like it, since I can pay it monthly as well.

Thanks a lot guys!

Paul in NE

Reaction score
Being married or single, having one car or two cars in the family and others all affect the premium, as does your postcode obviously.

Job titles also play a part too and worth checking....... maybe get creative

Clearly changing your excesses will help somewhat, although for me I actually lowered mine AND paid less!

As well as the obvious comparison sites try asking those that aren't on them for quotes too, get the cheapest price and haggle a little......all of the above may help

Jim
Agree with Jim. Plus (and try this out for yourselves) it seems it's cheaper to insure a car parked on your drive than if its garaged! Apparently the theory is they're less likely to suffer accidental damage from falling paint tins, tools and lawnmowers etc 😜