Jaguar Forum banner

Talkin' 'bout my re-re-re regeneration

1182 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  FastEddie
So, I got the DPF Full message this morning, it's only the amber warning so not really a big problem. Just wanted to ask if the regeneration process is speed or time related or, a combination of both?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
From the Handbook.

REGENERATION PROCEDURE
The regeneration procedure produces
high temperatures in the DPF. Heat can
be felt radiating from beneath the
vehicle, which is normal. The heat
generated could be sufficient to start a
fire when in close proximity to
combustible material such as long dry
grass, paper etc.
Regeneration normally takes 10-20 minutes
and is best achieved if the vehicle is driven
steadily at speeds between 60 km/h (40 mph)
and 112 km/h (70 mph).
Regeneration may take longer if the average
speed is reduced to 50 km/h (30 mph).

Hope this helps.

Roger
See less See more
Mine missed amber and went straight to red! Tried all the regeneration stuff with no results. Booked in for a clean which will hopefully sort it out. The engine runs fine with no visible/audible problems, I've heard it goes into limp mode on red, mine hasn't...!
Had it looked at, turns out that a fuel sensor lead wasn't attached properly preventing the ECU from carrying out a regeneration. All good now and engine running sweeter than ever and regeneration sorted. :))
If you have any fault codes at all relating to egr , 02 , fuelling ,DPF etc .....

The DPF will no longer try to regen due to the faults , then it fills until blocked !

If you do not regularly hear the ting ting of a very hot exhaust , it's not working.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.