Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I am planning to change to change the lower rear arms and the anti roll bar links and rubbers on my X Type. Which will hopefully stop the knocking on the rear end.

I have purchased all genuine Jaguar components from Sturgess's at Leicester. Which they seem to sell some components via ebay, as I was in Coventry I stopped to pick them up on the way home and got a bit more knocked off as they didn't have to post or pay any fees.

I have sprayed all the bolts for the last couple of days which will hopefully help and it would be nice to have an easy job underneath the X type after the saga of wheel bolts, hub and brakes, with out using heat or the grinder :)

Are there any hints or tips I should know about before tackling the job?

Cheers

· Registered
1,898 Posts
You may as well do the Front Sway Bar Links while you're at it and be sure to inspect the front Strut Mounts.

Attachments

· Registered
1,317 Posts
I did the same loads of plusgas for a couple of days beforehand, job was simple all fell apart after that.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well job done, most of it was easy except for getting one of the anti roll bar links off, the allen key section in the middle of the link just disintegrated, but eventually managed to get it off, it surprises me why people only change one link as one side had a different style of link on, which was the easy one to come off.

After being underneath the car I believe that most of the bushes may need replacing as they seem to have some play. unless it was just me.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Job well done. Now take it for a test drive and tell us your thoughts on what you notice differently in terms of ride quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.