Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has just been asked but I didn't want to sabotage someone else's thread.

My x type diesel estate has a temperature gauge issue, it takes ages to rise and when it does it only goes to the first mark and then it will rise when I accelerate rapidly and then drop down again.

I reported this to the dealer I bought it from and using this site I thought I'd identified the issue as the oil cooler thermostat.

The dealer has had the car back to replace this and now it is still doing the same thing, is there something else it could be causing this?

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Did he change the main thermostat at the same time.
I have a similar problem, I changed the main thermostat and the Oil cooler one too. I now get the gauge reading normal at motorway speeds and when in a higher gear but then it drops to about a quarter before doing it again.
I do not think it is the temperature switch as it will read correctly as and when so I have just left it and all has been ok for a year now.

Roger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question, I will have to check that with him when I take it back in. I was in a rush to get the car back yesterday that I didn't ask what he'd done only that he had said it was sorted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that easy to change at home? I'm running out of patience with the dealer and feel like I might want to look into this myself if it's pretty simple to do?

·
Registered
142 Posts
make sure that you use only genuine Jaguar thermostats, Jaguar changed the temp of the oil cooler one and the generic main ones have a different valve to the ford jag ones which caused mine to overcool.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Typical symptoms of the coolant thermo stat either missing, or stuck open. Does the heater get warm?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.