Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my beloved, stationary, unoccupied Jag suffered a rear end knock yesterday morning :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

A kid decided it'd be a great idea to jump in his little Fiesta, take off his shoes (?????) and pull away despite having ZERO visibility through a misted-up screen & facing the sun. The result was a smashed bumper & wrecked light. At first I thought that one of my new mid-sports exhaust boxes had simply been pushed downwards, but the noise (as great as it is!) suggests damage further along.....

The only consolation is that his car came off far worse than mine :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D. Just hope his premium jumps by £10000 next year so he's off the road completely. Shame I can't swear on this forum!

Having not had any need to claim on insurance for 30+ years I was unsure of the process, and I have to say that Hastings and Auxillis have been quite amazing. The car is being collected on Monday for repair and at midday today I had a very nice 67 plate Volvo XC90 delivered to use until things are sorted. It's a while since I've been so impressed with service like this....

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Really sickening to see this. Like you, I hope he’s unable to afford his next insurance premium. Hope you get it back soon.

·
Administrator
10,096 Posts
Terrible when someone knocks your pride and joy, hope it gets repaired. At least he was insured though, which is something I guess to be thankful for.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Sorry to hear Winchester, here's hoping it takes a few weeks and she's all sorted to your satisfaction ( no rush jobs )

Fingers crossed she comes back as good as she was before

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The sad thing is, your premium will also go up because of this. Same happened to us, bloke didn't give way at a junction and I t-boned him in the old disco, both cars written off thankfully I had a dash cam my premium increased because of a non fault claim!

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Sorry to see that. Good that the insurance company are not adding any further pain.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
That looks bad. Sorry to see that. Hope you get it sorted soon. Hope they throw the book at the kid.

Roger

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok so the car was understandably written off although I was happy with the settlement. I opted not to buy it back as I fancied something different........but then changed my mind!

Frantic calls on Friday afternoon have secured it and hopefully I'll get it back this week :-D. It's immaculate inside and drives like a dream, so having sourced a very clean complete bumper, rear light AND tailgate (mine has 2 awkward rust patches), for the grand sum of £160, my baby should be back on the road soon.

Happy days!

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Well done, happy days then.

Roger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.