Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you spot liquid dripping from the engine bay and forming a puddle on the ground.

and then you realise it's water from the air-conditioning condenser

:-/

anyone else get caught like that?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The other day I was parked up on the side of the road answering an email, when a bloke came running up to me "hey mister, your car is leaking fluid!" I didn't even think twice "no it's ok, it's just condensed water from the aircon" well at least I hope it was....got me worried now!

·
Registered
8,748 Posts
Unfortunately, the liquid dripping from my engine bay was engine oil - the flexible pipe to the oil cooler decided to burst just as I got home. XKR now in the hospital having its veins repaired, hoping running dryish for a few seconds hasn't broken anything else.

·
Registered
217 Posts
you spot liquid dripping from the engine bay and forming a puddle on the ground.

and then you realise it's water from the air-conditioning condenser

:-/

anyone else get caught like that?
Yes, this happens to me also!

In Russia there was one type of car from past, I think old Volga, who was always making leak of oil.
Cause was oil system for parts of suspension, for these driver must push button on floor at regular times to make some oil go around.
My father said to me, always possible see where this type was parked LOL

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes all the time - I'm always worried that I've got so used to assuming it's just condensation that one day it won't be, and I won't realise until something goes bang...!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.