Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
S Type 3.0 SE X206 Radiance Red
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may of noticed in my S type thread the little dinky Mini hiding in the corner of some shots :mrgreen:

Minnie The Minx was purchased by us brand new September 1st 2002! so she's a part of the family lol :-D

Priced originally at £10'300 when we finished spec'in her the price went up to £11k

spec wise.

Exterior is painted Pure Silver Metallic.

7 holies pepper pot alloys finished in silver

full length panoramic sunroof

anthracite interior plastic trim

cloth sports seats

Front and rear fog lights

go-cart handling as standard :-D

and thats it lol

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She has been in the wars lol

the paint isn't perfect there is bubbling/reaction on the bottom of the rear wing the bonnet has some deep scratches on it!!
interior is abit dirty but its rarely polished lol

It has taught a few people to drive so as you imagine its got dings scrapes and its on its 3rd gearbox lol

A few pictures i snapped after i pulled my finger oot and gave her a well deserved polish/wax

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
They still look great, don't look like a 2002. I have thought about a Cooper S as a fun toy, manual and the early ones are supercharged :)

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They still look great, don't look like a 2002. I have thought about a Cooper S as a fun toy, manual and the early ones are supercharged :)
Yes the r53's are supercharged! great little cars as long as your not overly tall lol :mrgreen:

It's been very reliable apart from its habit of eating gearboxes!

the 6spd used in the r53 is bombproof however the Midlands 5spd box i have is made of cheese!!

If your looking for one i recommend you look at 2004-2006 r53's they have better gearing and teflon coated supercharger rotors.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Well, I guess I fit under 'overly tall', however, I hope to be suprised. The same goes for the Abarth 595. The only car I have had issue with was a friends MX-5, the top edge of the windscreeen was at my eye level.

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
I had a new one of these Alec , purchased from Carrs out by Bury St Edmiunds back in 2002 . It was in Electric Blue
with an off white roof and the matching minilites . The first were indeed supercharged changing to turbocharging a
couple of years later , mine was fitted with the run flats which were initially hard to source for some reason and also
prone to giving false warnings of a puncture . I thought the Cooper S to be an absolutely brilliant machine , in fact
it was very similar to the 1.9 GTI I owned some years before in the way it put a smile on your face , it just seemed
to have the ideal performance for dashing across the Fens from March down into Mildenhall , Brandon and on into
Norfolk . I would fully recommend you buy one Alec though getting a low mileage supercharged model may be difficult .

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well, I guess I fit under 'overly tall', however, I hope to be suprised. The same goes for the Abarth 595. The only car I have had issue with was a friends MX-5, the top edge of the windscreeen was at my eye level.
Over 6ft7 would be a squeeze lol 1'm 5ft10 so its ok lol

they are great cars to look at and quite fruity!

can't wait to drive 'er :-D

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New fuel filter.
this is considered a "lifetime part" WTF
this is my filter after 113k service

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Next was the Timing chain tensioner, this is a common fail on Tritec engines with over 100k

the only warning you'll get is a horrible tap tap tap especially on cold start.

The plastic had gotten brittle so it was about time for a change.

excuse the old man hands i have :mrgreen:

New Genuine BMW part fitted £34

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next is the gearbox oil..

Again another "lifetime fluid" absolute shite.

This car in on its 3rd G'box so changing the fluid helps longevity.

old stuff

I put non-syn MTF94 in her last time 10k ago

This time i've put in full syn REDLINE MTL hopefully that'll look healthier come next change time

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The original battery failed not bad for 15yrs service.

I splurged on a Duracell!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.