Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The beginning. :)

I bought my Jaguar in June 22 in Poland. Since men are not allowed to travel abroad during the war, I asked the guys working abroad to find a car for me and clear it through customs. By the way, when I was driving it 600 km from the border home, in order to have time to register, I managed to get caught by the police for speeding. On the other hand, I started using ACC in order to travel comfortably in populated areas. :ROFLMAO:
I chose one that I liked, and I couldn't find anything better than Rover and Jaguar. Because the vast majority of modern models are too functional and almost completely devoid of individuality.
The car comes from Belgium, I am the third owner. The second was a woman. And the more I learned about this model, it became clear that this car is not for her. Because Jaguar should not be used, but loved, first of all! And the vast majority of posts on this forum prove it.
This is how it was when I bought it:
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Plant

Car Vehicle Gear shift Plant Motor vehicle

Had standard diseases - swollen door waist seal, broken reflector regulators. Needed a little touch-up. A little more rotted under the threshold, about 15 cm. It is necessary to brew and smear.

Part one. :)
She was repainted. Replaced rear Bilstein B4 and anti roll bar link Febi. Change all filters and oil.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Part next, trunk opening cable.

After a long research of the forum, I realized that this problem is inevitable. So why wait for her, if you can do something right away?
I bought a hood opening cable from Hyundai Accent RB,
White Light Vision care Eyewear Natural material

(Maybe another model will work, I don't know. You need to measure the length.)
From the lower part, you need to cut off 5-7 cm of braid, otherwise it will not work.

One part was attached to the trunk lock and led into the cabin along the cables to the fuel tank opening lever.
Motor vehicle Wood Gas Auto part Door

Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

2mm metal cable, a koush and a cable clamp.

Bumper Office supplies Electrical wiring Wire Pipe

All that remains is to connect the cables and hide them under the carpet. But everything is already working!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Nice looking car 👍 I’ve not seen many that colour.
I still can’t get used to seeing a X Type left-drive set up after years of jumping in and out of right-drive!

Reactions: JimC64 and PetA

·
Premium Member
17,880 Posts
Welcome aboard, nice car and on with improvements already!

Don't forget to check your wheel nuts for any signs of swelling, might be prudent to consider changing them out at some point soon too.

Cheers
Jim

Reactions: JohnW

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard, nice car and on with improvements already!

Don't forget to check your wheel nuts for any signs of swelling, might be prudent to consider changing them out at some point soon too.

Cheers
Jim
Yes, of course you are right. I bought winter tires, and the guys additionally bought me a set of summer tires. And they could not unscrew 2 nuts, they had to be removed together with the pins. The car is now without 2 nuts. I already found a place to buy, but I just couldn't get my hands on it. I remember that.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking car 👍 I’ve not seen many that colour.
I still can’t get used to seeing a X Type left-drive set up after years of jumping in and out of right-drive!
I was looking for a light leather interior. And when he bought it, he came to the conclusion that the main criterion would be: "Take it easy, friend. There's no need to rush anywhere!"
And that's why I don't want any new technologies, only OEM!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part next, headlamp T10 bulb.

I decided to add cat eyes.
Option 1: Standart W5W T10 yellow bulb vs T10 red (for BMW)
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Option 2: T10 1-SMD LED W5W (green vs yellow)
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

My choice:smd led green or standart yellow.

PS All the same, the headlights were removed to change the regulators.
Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle chain Tableware

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Part next, puddle lights.

Many X-Types have cataphotes in the doors and no puddle lights. This issue is easily solved by installing puddle lights from VAG (VW Golf, Getta, Tiguan etc).
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper

(Find the difference with C2S20577)

I bought myself lanterns from Polo. Get up perfectly! I plan to connect from the leg lighting lamps.

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,921 Posts
The beginning. :)

I bought my Jaguar in June 22 in Poland. Since men are not allowed to travel abroad during the war, I asked the guys working abroad to find a car for me and clear it through customs. By the way, when I was driving it 600 km from the border home, in order to have time to register, I managed to get caught by the police for speeding. On the other hand, I started using ACC in order to travel comfortably in populated areas. :ROFLMAO:
I chose one that I liked, and I couldn't find anything better than Rover and Jaguar. Because the vast majority of modern models are too functional and almost completely devoid of individuality.
The car comes from Belgium, I am the third owner. The second was a woman. And the more I learned about this model, it became clear that this car is not for her. Because Jaguar should not be used, but loved, first of all! And the vast majority of posts on this forum prove it.
This is how it was when I bought it:
View attachment 56099

View attachment 56100

View attachment 56095

Had standard diseases - swollen door waist seal, broken reflector regulators. Needed a little touch-up. A little more rotted under the threshold, about 15 cm. It is necessary to brew and smear.

Part one. :)
She was repainted. Replaced rear Bilstein B4 and anti roll bar link Febi. Change all filters and oil.
Hello there aspg410 and welcome to the forum, great to have you join us and that's a lovely looking X-Type you have there, inside and out.

Up and at it already I see, with some first-class photos of your work in progress, I always enjoy seeing the love bestowed on a Jag, especially on someone's new pride and joy ... nice one (y):cool:

Reactions: JimC64

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well, on a slightly related note: I do pride myself on my vocabulary, having always been an avid reader.
I came across the word ‘cataphote’ in the above post and had to look it up. Reflector, like a cats eye! I can now see the derivation of the word.

Everyday’s a school day, even at my great age!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, on a slightly related note: I do pride myself on my vocabulary, having always been an avid reader.
I came across the word ‘cataphote’ in the above post and had to look it up. Reflector, like a cats eye! I can now see the derivation of the word.

Everyday’s a school day, even at my great age!
I have been using it since childhood, even when I was riding a bicycle as a child. That's why I thought it was common knowledge.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Part next, reduction of noise from the trunk.

When returning home from the border, the noise of the wheels from behind was quite audible. So I decided to silence the bottom of the trunk and the wheel arches a little. Haven't tried it yet, but it should be quieter.

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rim Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part next, door waist seal.

I had the usual trouble with the front seals.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

I did not want to buy a new one in principle, and I also could not find cheap used ones on the Internet in poor quality. So I tried to do something myself, until I don't know how to improve the condition.

I needed an office cutting knife, an aluminum angle for plasterboard, epoxy resin.

Rectangle Composite material Font Tints and shades Pattern

Carefully cut from the bottom on both sides and carefully cleaned all the junk from the inside. I cut off the corner, inserted it and carefully glued it. The main thing is not a lot of epoxy, so that it does not cover everything.
When gluing, I inserted a ruler inside (which imitates glass) and clamped it with binder clips.
At the end, carefully cleaned with sandpaper.

Automotive tire Rectangle Wood Grey Art

This is how it looks now, enough for a while. It will be necessary to cut a little to put a mirror. If you have good DIY skills, maybe you can do better than me. Good luck! :)
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I like ‘em and much cheaper than new seals. They actually come from Bulgaria! Here’s a thing: when I ordered, the estimated delivery was about two weeks. I was amazed when a cardboard chart tube arrived the next morning, complete with Bulgarian franking and air-freight sticker!
Takes two days for a birthday card to reach my daughter in Lincolnshire from Leicestershire 😳

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like ‘em and much cheaper than new seals. They actually come from Bulgaria! Here’s a thing: when I ordered, the estimated delivery was about two weeks. I was amazed when a cardboard chart tube arrived the next morning, complete with Bulgarian franking and air-freight sticker!
Takes two days for a birthday card to reach my daughter in Lincolnshire from Leicestershire 😳
According to my data, they are manufactured in Turkey. But no matter how much I looked at turkish sites, I could not find anything.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Just get Vlad to drive to Bulgaria to pick them up for you then!!... :rolleyes:

😁

• Haha
Reactions: MarkFY
1 - 20 of 89 Posts