Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
You're building a bit of a collection there Phil, Cap'n C isn't going to have to worry about finding something to do for a week or two :D

Regarding being stuck in park without battery power, there is an emergency release method. Remove the 'Torx' screw in the top left corner of the J gate and gently insert a screw driver or rod of some sort and press the solenoid plunger down to release the lock (y).

• Helpful
Reactions: Ruby351

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thanks for the tip, wondered why that torx screw was so prominent
Yes, I wondered why they stuck a Torx screw there, I couldn't think it was for it's decorative qualities :ROFLMAO:
Then when leafing through the hand book, there's a picture with said screw shown as exhibit 'B', and then mention of Gear shift interlock manual override. Says you can use the key or 'similar shaped tool' o_O

And unfortunately I dont like Black ones.
I used to like black cars - until recently. The constant Sahara dust deposits on Behemoth are getting a bit tedious, mind.
He he. Generally I love the look of a black car, but after having one many years ago, I vowed I'd never have another, as I seemed to be forever trying to keep it looking nice. Leave them to Mrs O! :D
Then when faced with an XK which in every other way ticked all my boxes, and did look lovely, all clean and shiny, I kind of forgot all about my previous vows :rolleyes:.
I must confess to having questioned that decision once or twice after cleaning it ready to go somewhere, then having it look worse than when I'd started after a little shower of rain :mad:.
At least twice, everything has been left covered in a kind of sticky grey substance that has been quite hard to remove once dried on :mad::mad:.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I suppose the fine sand will fall early Saturday morning, after getting Behemoth all sparkly for Gaydon. Might get turned away at the gate otherwise - For shame, Sir!
We're planning to go in Mrs O's new S type as it's a little more frugal on diesel than my S type or XK are on petrol, and the run will do it good. It's black though, so no acceptance of responsibility for it's appearance when it gets there.
All I will say is that it will be clean and sparkly Friday afternoon, it's booked in with the local car wash guys :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
979 Posts
We've sort of got three at the mo, albeit one will soon be moving out. We have my XK, which despite saying 'Grey' on the V5, and the colour being called Anthracite, is definitely black, Mrs O's new S type, which again, is definitely black, but is called 'Midnight blue', and her old X type, which our daughter will be taking on as her entry into Jag ownership now it's surplus to requirements, the only one that's colour is actually called black!

OW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts