Jaguar Forum banner
1141 - 1160 of 1197 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,141 ·
Good call on getting rid of those dithchfinders, for interesting read downright scary lol

Jim
The ditchfinders will remain on the spare set of wheels for those times when I've bent another wheel, and waiting for refurb etc. Ask Uncle Mac how humiliating it is to have a single red wheel on the car...

When I've nearly worn out the new michelins, I'll prob use them as the spares, and replace the ditchfinders on the spare set with decent rubber, and use them as primary :)

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,143 ·
After work, I handed over one of my kidneys and my spleen, and picked up the rear wheels with shiny new tyres on, and popped them on the car.

Given the recent TPMS discussion, I found it interesting that, although the car had been running around on different rear wheels with different TPMS sensors, it remembered the old ones from the original wheels, and didn't need the le-learn process.

Gave it a spin to knock off the release compound.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,144 ·
Made a start on the sticky soft touch. Tried various things on the display surround, as somebody kindly posted up replacement surrounds on eBay, so I didn't care if I wrecked it.

Tried a few different brands of make up remover, as per a suggestion on YouTube, nothing I could get locally would touch it. Tried various liquid make up removers on a cotton bud, same effect. So back to 97% rubbing alcohol, which does remove it, but slowly and an awful lot of elbow grease. Surround now completed, and much better - mine was so bad that dust and fluff was sticking to it, making it look truly awful. I might look at some kind of polish, or even a bit of WD40, just to buff it back a bit.

Next on to the centre buttons, which weren't too back, but were starting to go, and would only get worse. My MENU button had actually got quite dirty with grubby fingers pressing the slightly sticky surface. After 3 hrs, the top row of buttons is done, the middle row is partially done. The volume knob - the stickiest bit on the car - is done.

So today, I plan to finish off the middle row and do the bottom 4 buttons, and the left side steering wheel buttons that are also bad.

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Thought about washing off all the firework debris on it. But my CBA nature means I'm hoping the rain will do it for me.
Shock value, long since gone Jamie lol

Jim

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,155 ·
Does that mean you're driving around in a banger?
Well, lets face it, thats how I treat it.

I mean, honestly, if ever I turned up at one of the meets, would you expect me to even clean it? That Mac_Doctor geezer is way ahead of me in that regard, I bet he gets his car washed before attending any meets.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Well, lets face it, thats how I treat it.

I mean, honestly, if ever I turned up at one of the meets, would you expect me to even clean it? That Mac_Doctor geezer is way ahead of me in that regard, I bet he gets his car washed before attending any meets.
Well I've never seen Mac with a dirty car!

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Well I've never seen Mac with a dirty car!
I've seen the odd pic here n there of a little dirt or some bird crap, probably more clean / shiny ones though

Jim

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts
1141 - 1160 of 1197 Posts