Jaguar Forum banner
1181 - 1197 of 1197 Posts

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,187 ·
Soooo much better, the details really jump off the page at you.....not!

Presumably that bit of wall was falling down anyway, not helped by your front bumper I hope?

Jim
Actually, a few miles further along that road, it got proper narrow, then just ended. I had to reverse back about a mile to find a (grass) passing place in order to do a 1000 point turn in. No walls were damaged, but made a bit of a mess of the grass, seeing as its monsoon season here....

...but not as bad as earlier in the day, when I think I endured the most challenging drive I have ever done. Nothing was particularly steep or particularly sharp bends, but boy was it tight, with both rear tyres overhanging the edges of the road, and Rizla type gaps between the car and the rocks.

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,767 Posts
Actually, a few miles further along that road, it got proper narrow, then just ended. I had to reverse back about a mile to find a (grass) passing place in order to do a 1000 point turn in. No walls were damaged, but made a bit of a mess of the grass, seeing as its monsoon season here....

...but not as bad as earlier in the day, when I think I endured the most challenging drive I have ever done. Nothing was particularly steep or particularly sharp bends, but boy was it tight, with both rear tyres overhanging the edges of the road, and Rizla type gaps between the car and the rocks.
Sounds just like Scotland. Except you didn't mention sheep. My experience of the woollier bits of Jockland always involves sheep popping up at the most inopportune moments.

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,767 Posts
I think when translated, araf means...

It is a challenge to do this at twice the speed limit
... or in Gosportese: "Beware - here be dragons".

· Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,197 ·
1200 miles later, all back in deepest Brackley. Couple of car related issues on the trip, both probably related...

A bit of bumper trim has come loose, probably due to hitting a small puddle a bit too hard, and realising it was a lot, lot deeper than it looked.

Had a TPMS warning, saying NSR was no longer monitored. Fixed itself as expected after a restart. It's not beyond possibility that the initiator might have got a "bit damp".... ....much like one of my cheap Runcam action cameras that needed a hairdryer (and a recharge) to get it to work again, after being flung off an RC car into a puddle deep enough I decided to drive to it rather than get my ankles wet.

1181 - 1197 of 1197 Posts