Jaguar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
It’ll come up with a warning saying “diesel exhaust fluid *** miles till no restarts”. Will keep counting down till you top up or run out.
It just came on. No mileage, just a "DEF is low"

How long do I have - is it urgent, or can wait a few days until I CBA to get some, or ignore it for a few weeks?

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts
Obviously they are not the same. That would require forethought on the part of the designers.

Had a quick squint on the Gay of E, and not the cheapest one there is 4 times the RRP for the part, PMSL.
I usually buy clips straight from the dealer, weirdly they seem to be the cheapest way to get them.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I usually buy clips straight from the dealer, weirdly they seem to be the cheapest way to get them.
Yup, me too, although my nearest is a 40 mile round trip, and the A43 spends more time closed than open due to Silverstone.

Fortunately, managed to grab the LR part numbers, and there are a few online places selling LR parts at RRP, plus postage (which is probably cheaper than a gallon of fuel to do the 40 miles!).

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts
Yup, me too, although my nearest is a 40 mile round trip, and the A43 spends more time closed than open due to Silverstone.

Fortunately, managed to grab the LR part numbers, and there are a few online places selling LR parts at RRP, plus postage (which is probably cheaper than a gallon of fuel to do the 40 miles!).
Yeah I do similar unless I need the part the same day. Round trip is roughly 45 miles for me but that only takes less than 90 min even with explaining to them what I want.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Right, now its running mechanically as I want it, might be time for some creature comforts.

What does the remote subscription give me?

Also, on the Sat-Nag (this is the early base model version), how do you tell it to avoid part of the route?

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts
Right, now its running mechanically as I want it, might be time for some creature comforts.

What does the remote subscription give me?

Also, on the Sat-Nag (this is the early base model version), how do you tell it to avoid part of the route?
Remote subscription gives you remote climate start, beep and flash to find the car, remote lock/unlock. Notifications if your car is unlocked for 15 minutes or longer. Status update if a window/door/roof/bonnet/boot is open.

It’s only £36 a year or £54 for 2 years. Well worth it imo.

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,645 Posts

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts
Ours is a manual, so I believe you lose some of that functionality?
Yup means you can’t remote start it with it being a manual. That feature is auto only.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Yup means you can’t remote start it with it being a manual. That feature is auto only.
So all it gives is the ability to lock/unlock it, and check the lock/window status?

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts
So all it gives is the ability to lock/unlock it, and check the lock/window status?
Also beep/flash if you want to locate your car etc.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Last time I mislaid the car, bleeping and flashing wouldn't of helped!
I mislaid mine once. Instead of driving right into central London, I came up with the excellent idea of parking at the nearest tube station, once the traffic started to get sticky. Then get the tube in the rest of the way.

This worked brilliantly right up until I came to go home. After spending all day in meetings I couldn’t quite remember which tube station it was I’d parked at. Or which of those oddly straight coloured lines I’d trundled down. And it was dark.
I seemed to think it was Ealing Common but I’d try’d that and it didn’t look right. Or was it Ealing Broadway? South Ealing? Maybe I’d just past through an Ealing.

Well, several hours later I found it again, on a different line at the back of a very dark North Ealing car park. Phew.

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts
Last time I mislaid the car, bleeping and flashing wouldn't of helped!
It also shows you the direction to where the car is which you can then just follow. Beep and flash can then be used when you're in the vicinity.

Handy when at the airport car park for example and can't quite remember where you parked or even large event car parks such as Goodwood.

·
Premium Member
17,801 Posts
It also shows you the direction to where the car is which you can then just follow. Beep and flash can then be used when you're in the vicinity.

Handy when at the airport car park for example and can't quite remember where you parked or even large event car parks such as Goodwood.
Ah yes, can't beat a bit of beep n flash lol

Jim

·
Administrator
10,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,801 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·

That has the potential to be useful for her (its Mrs TheBoy's car, far too small for a fat git like me), as her work carpark is massive, and I ain't convinced her memory is like it once was.... ...but dont tell her that!

101 - 120 of 171 Posts