Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come out this morning to find that someone has stolen my clear side repeaters off the front wings, 4.37am on my cctv dark hoodie is sbout all i can say :( all the police did was give me a crime number for the insurance company, won't claim on insurance as it will put my premium up.

·
Premium Member
23,737 Posts
Sorry to hear this Tony. There are a lot of jealous people about who would rather destroy than do something good. Sad news indeed.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Somebody stole my wireless doorbell push last week !!! WTF

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
There are some real idiots out there. sorry to hear about your loss.

Tink you are lucky that somebody stole your door bell.I am terrified every time mine rings that it is the local butcher calling to tell me that I have reached the correct weight to be slaughtered. :-D

·
Registered
294 Posts
This could turn into a funny post,
What is the daftest/funniest thing you have ever had stolen.

Mine was a broken telly that i had put into the box that the new telly came in, then placed out on the path to be taken to the tip later.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
Shame to think it must have been another jag owner, Had my red wheel centre caps taken last year, you just have to hope that Karma gets the thieving towrags
Or some Ford owner ...

The part is common to many 1990s Fords.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
First night with my STR, they nicked the growler logo dust caps.

When I was having a clear out, I put a table in the front garden with a big sign saying, 'please take me'. Was there for a week. Took the sign off & it went that night lol.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just brought some clear ones if off the ford ranger forum (wifes a member :oops: ) £10 posted out ;) will see what they look like when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
all the police did was give me a crime number for the insurance company.
What do you expect them to do about someone in a dark hoody? They're not magicians. Do you know who stole them?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no, but i have cctv so they could identify height, , hands all over the car, could take finger prints..... at least do the job they are paid to do, re assure the public that they are active in their area.

·
Registered
189 Posts
this stuff is really annoying, when i had an alfa the boot badge vanished so many times i stopped replacing it..i think it was the same people just taking it for a laugh in the end.Atleast they didnt key the car or something spiteful and totally malicious..i know it isnt much consolation tho bud.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I was following a Skoda Octavia on the motorway a few weeks ago and the boot badge just fell off!

Never seen that before. He'll have assumed it stolen of course.

·
Registered
818 Posts
no, but i have cctv so they could identify height, , hands all over the car, could take finger prints..... at least do the job they are paid to do, re assure the public that they are active in their area.
While I feel sorry for you having the repeaters stolen I dont think its time or money efficient for the police to come out and fingerprint your car

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
While I feel sorry for you having the repeaters stolen I dont think its time or money efficient for the police to come out and fingerprint your car
As much as I think its wrong not to investigate this I have to agree spending a thousand pounds or so to try and recover £20 worth of car parts is inefficient

·
Registered
189 Posts
well the people responsible for this might be in the system for other crimes and a simple fingerprint check might be all it takes to find out who it was, but saying that even if the police got the name of the person responsible they probably couldnt do much because of the relatively low value and they would no doubt argue their finger prints are on the car because the touched it when walking by or something just as stupid! it is an infuriating thing to have happen.

·
Premium Member
17,796 Posts
wow, seriously that is cheeky

Stealing a couple of side repeaters worth a few quid, makes you wonder!

Jim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.