Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Portfolio last Friday , a new one, but already built and in a compound a hundred miles away. It was a good Black Friday deal. I was to pick it up this coming Thursday.
My wife took a call from the salesman yesterday evening, while I was out. The car’s vanished. Someone else clearly bought it on the same day, and got in first. He’s found another, in a different colour, and a slightly differed spec. I don’t know what it’s missing, but it has a sunroof, which the other didn’t. The dealer will absorb the price difference.
I’m going to check it out this morning, but if it’s missing anything that was on my wish list, or if the colour doesn’t suit, I may not become a Jaguar owner on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
That’s a real shame, keep us updated on the outcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The suggested alternative doesn’t have a parking pack, which the original did. I’ve never had a rear camera and front sensors, but like the idea, so I’m having to think carefully. They’ll give me a good deal on a built-to-order car, but then I’ll get drawn in to spending a lot more on fripperies. And it’ll be a long wait.
So should I abandon the thought of the parking pack and take what’s on offer?

·
Premium Member
23,823 Posts
No one can say what you should or should not do, it’s your money after all. A rear camera would not be a deal breaker for me if the rest of the car meets your requirements and is acceptable.
Just my take on it.:-D

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
If they have taken your order for a vehicle and it has gone then they should supply same spec vehicle at that price. Unless of course the small print says differently.
Just my opinion though.

Roger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You’re right. But the drawback is that time isn’t of the essence, so whereas the car I thought I’d thought I’d bought was to be ready on Thursday, I’ll now have to wait for however long it takes to build one.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
You're right. But the drawback is that time isn't of the essence, so whereas the car I thought I'd thought I'd bought was to be ready on Thursday, I'll now have to wait for however long it takes to build one.
Surely it would be worth waiting for at that price. You could also add anything else you would like.

Roger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be going to the showroom tomorrow to specify the extras I want. So far, metallic paint, space saver spare wheel, parking pack, split, folding rear seat, heated screen and power mirrors. My ageing eyes need help at night. What's the consensus on spending the extra to get adaptive headlights? And my ageing back needs comfort. How about the 4-way lumber support? Or are the seats comfortable enough without that?
Is there anything else that you experienced XE drivers would advise me to consider?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.