Three guys put it in limp mode?

Essexjaguar21

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s the same guys. Although I am in Essex about 30 miles from this incident. Think I’ll report it to the police too.

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Interesting as the near to the same exact thing happened to me yesterday. We posted it on Facebook and 2 other people said it had also happened to then last night, right in our village.

Scumbags! Now I have a car to check over and sort out this weekend...!

RWD3M

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Somebody needs to catch these sh1tbags and cut their ******* hands off.

Edit: Just a thought, I don't do facebook or the like, but this needs to be spread far and wide, can't think of a better way to warn people of this type of scam.

Essexjaguar21

Reaction score
Interesting as the near to the same exact thing happened to me yesterday. We posted it on Facebook and 2 other people said it had also happened to then last night, right in our village.

Scumbags! Now I have a car to check over and sort out this weekend...!
I’ve reported it and the police are on it. Due to its increasing frequency, they’ve got dedicated officers focussed on this. I had the crime scene team at my house yesterday as one of the scumbags took the oil cap off and then put it back on - but I didn’t touch it at all, so they’ve swabbed it for DNA. Also got CCTV requests gone in too. Have you reported your incident? Where are you based? I’m in Frinton on sea.

Essexjaguar21

Reaction score
Somebody needs to catch these sh1tbags and cut their ******* hands off.

Edit: Just a thought, I don't do facebook or the like, but this needs to be spread far and wide, can't think of a better way to warn people of this type of scam.
I’ve shared it on FB to my community page and Essex police said they’d post something on their socials too. But you’re right, the more awareness the better.

C16RKC

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I’ve reported it and the police are on it. Due to its increasing frequency, they’ve got dedicated officers focussed on this. I had the crime scene team at my house yesterday as one of the scumbags took the oil cap off and then put it back on - but I didn’t touch it at all, so they’ve swabbed it for DNA. Also got CCTV requests gone in too. Have you reported your incident? Where are you based? I’m in Frinton on sea.
That's encouraging from the police.

I have to confess I did not report it to them, as I have not found them very helpful in the past. But it they are doing all that for you then perhaps it is worth it after all. I'll get in touch with them and see what they say.

I'm all the way over in Cambridgeshire - our village actually boarders Norfolk too. I had assumed the toe rags might be local as they had hit several cars in the area, but I guess maybe not.