Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 54 plate x type 2.5 awd. I have a problem where the throttle is very sensitive from zero revs but at higher revs sometimes there is a lag before it responds. I figured this was probably due to one of the throttle sensors, so I just tried changing the engine end one. However, when I fitted it the dash flashed up gearbox fault and it would barely rev. So I put the old one back on and its now okay again but I have the engine management light on. So my question is please, does the sensor have to be linked to the management system in some way?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I could be wrong but the EML might just be a legacy of the Gearbox Fault that was showing and may well disappear after 4 or 5 normal drive cycles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nimiq.
Yes sure enough the eml has cleared now. I've only been for a short drive but it seems to be responding better now, so I think I'll just send the sensor back. Still would like to know what steps you have to go through to change one though.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Its most likely an incorrect part (was the part number the same?), however on some care they have to be calibrated with the ecu using diagnostic software.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't compare the numbers when had them both off unfortunately. It was an eBay purchase but I had to provide my Reg number, which resolved to the correct model so I just presumed it would be right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.