Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all!

Had a spiffy S Type 4.2 a couple of years back, and the Jag itch has been scratched today with a bargain 2002 X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport.

Low mileage, peculiar colour and very shiny!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

Loving the V6 growl which was totally unexpected, and just as much fun and as expensive at the petrol station as my R53 Mini Cooper S ;)

Picked it up at 12pm, ordered Osram Nightbreakers and a double din fascia in advance of fitting one of these http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/car-stereos/pioneer-mvh-av290bt-car-stereo

A couple of quickies, which I'm sure I can find the answer too after a quick search, but worth a punt here!

1 - the boot lid is REALLY stiff / heavy - guessing I can replace the hydraulic arm things?
2 - I HATE the leaping cat on the bonnet - hoping I can hide the hole with a Jag badge?
3 - Is it green? Is it blue?

Glad to be back here!

Attachments

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
Not much up with that Dan looks great , I would say its Green , the Leaper certainly is an acquired taste though it certainly wouldn't bother
me , I also think its maybe a tad too far back up the bonnet for the Badge to work ? Good luck with the car and great to see you back

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much up with that Dan looks great , I would say its Green , the Leaper certainly is an acquired taste though it certainly wouldn't bother
me , I also think its maybe a tad too far back up the bonnet for the Badge to work ? Good luck with the car and great to see you back
Thanks squire! And yeah, it's quite far up. Reckon I'll just keep an eye out for a bonnet on eBay ;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Congrats on your purchase she looks a very tidy example. I like the leaper on the bonnet as not many cars around have them and the American spec X400 cars had them as standard I think. Had one on my XJ X350 and think it adds a touch of class, and to me it celebrates the traditional old style Jaguar look of the car in a nice way. I would have a leaper on my XK but it would just look wrong, they are only look right for the saloon Jags.
The boot struts should be a cheap easy fix, have a look on ebay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on your purchase she looks a very tidy example. I like the leaper on the bonnet as not many cars around have them and the American spec X400 cars had them as standard I think. Had one on my XJ X350 and think it adds a touch of class, and to me it celebrates the traditional old style Jaguar look of the car in a nice way. I would have a leaper on my XK but it would just look wrong, they are only look right for the saloon Jags.
The boot struts should be a cheap easy fix, have a look on ebay.
Pretty sure my old man's Jags in the 80s had them - probably the only bit that didn't rust or just stop working! I'll check eBay ;)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

Hi Dan Wiggs,

Welcome back to Jaguar ownership, the website and forum.
Everyone here is friendly and helpful and some of the usernames here (like TeapotTony and PigletJohn) make me smile.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.