Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
I don't know on the XF. Officially on the S type, the rear glass has to come out but I did it without removing it and most other people do, it’s just very awkward.

·
Registered
2013 xfr 5.0L supercharged V8 RWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don't know on the XF. Officially on the S type, the rear glass has to come out but I did it without removing it and most other people do, it’s just very awkward.
Ya I just released the glass from the one clip it sits in then pushed the glass all the way up the track as if the window was rolled all the way up then took my flat plastic pry tool and wedged it between the glass and the weather stripping on one side. The glass was held firmly in place for me to now remove the metal slider and from there it's simply unclip the wiring, remove the door handle to get at a screw tucked in behind, then the three screws holding the actuator and wiggle the whole assembly out of the door

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Well done Grim, I guessing you don't have keyless entry? that adds a whole other level of frustration to the job..

·
Registered
2013 xfr 5.0L supercharged V8 RWD
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well done Grim, I guessing you don't have keyless entry? that adds a whole other level of frustration to the job..
Yeah mine is keyless or passive entry i think its called and is where most if not all of my frustration comes from. 3 out of 4 motors changed in the doors and still not locking/unlocking.
Who wants to make a friendly bet that tonight after I do the 4th and final one that it still won't lock/unlock

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Jaguar ownership Grim!!., :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts