Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
For me, noise is a serious consideration. I ran Michelin Pilots before on my 2007 XK, but they got loud after a while. I’m currently running Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 on mine, and they’ve been wearing great. I had them on my 2009 XJ with great success too. I have about 15K miles on this set on my XK, and they are quiet and have lots of tread left.

I bought a Mercedes SL500 a few months back, and it has the same tires. I’m not sure how many miles they have on them, but there's not much tread left. They're still very quiet, but I was in a heavy rainstorm a few weeks ago, and I hydroplaned twice. So I’ll be replacing them soon, probably with the same ones.

/Doug

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Michelin pilot sport 4 every time for me they never disappoint.
4 or 4s because there is a difference? The 4 has also been replaced by the 5 now.

· Super Moderator
6,629 Posts
I've not seen many test but here is one: 2022 Tyre Reviews 17 Inch UHP Summer Tyre Test - Tyre Reviews and Tests

The PS5 seems a good tyre but the competition is also offering pretty good stuff, depending on your taste/compromise balance. If the Michelin is a lot more expensive, it might not be that good value. I checked the 245/40-18 size for my S-Type, which is probably a typical match for the tyre, and out here the Michelin has about a 25% price premium over the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 6. In this case, would probably save the 100 plus Pounds and buy the Goodyears.

On the XKR, I recently went for the Continental SC7. Another very good alternative to the default Michelin PS4S model: 2022 Tyre Reviews UHP Summer Tyre Test - Tyre Reviews and Tests

· Registered
8,529 Posts
I very much like the Michelin PS4s tyre. It has noticeably cut wheels spin on the rear from any other I have tried. They do seem to wear quickly though.

· Registered
2011 XK 5.0 n/a Portfolio
186 Posts
Best tyres I’ve had recently were Toyo, and put them on my XJ8 after having them on a Mitsubishi Outlander fitted as standard from new, grip a noise levels were very good, good in the wet and cold damp roads, good feedback as they squeal nicely, worst tyre exeperiences I’ve had, Pirelli, Continental, Bridgestone and Dunlop, all rubbish in my opinion so I find it hard to spend an inflated price just for the name, tyre tests don’t mean a lot in the real world, I may regret putting Toyo on the XK but I’ve also gone down a size to. 19” as well. The car has some cheap from tyres which to be fair grip really well, braking in the wet is superb considering the tyres are also cold most of the time, the Nankang super sports on the rear never get warm enough to grip well, they’d probably make a good track day tyre, but for me I just find them struggling to give traction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts