Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, can I have your thoughts please on whether to add some chrome trims to my XJ X358 or not.

I don't want it to look like a Christmas 馃巺 tree 馃巹, although the car is green, or too blingy 馃拵馃拵馃摽, but I feel adding the chrome trim around the front and rear lights and wing mirror caps might add a little extra "je ne sais quoi".

I've seen these chrome trims before and like them, although personally I feel they always look good, but slightly better on a darker coloured car.

I'd be very interested in peoples thoughts and comments etc, thank you.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Premium Member
Leave as is.

Class personified as it currently is

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Leave as is.

Class personified as it currently is
Thanks Ashanti, however as the world cup 鈿金煆 is on then currently the score is:- 1 - 0 to "Leave it as it is United. Let's see if "Chrome it City" can fight back before full time 馃摚.I wonder where this will lead ? :)

Registered
I went all the way
Love bling in a sunny climate
Accentuates the platinum. Dont think id do it on classic racing green though in rainy u.k.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went all the way
Love bling in a sunny climate
Accentuates the platinum. Dont think id do it on classic racing green though in rainy u.k.
Awesome, how fantastic does your car look, I take it back about the chrome looking better on darker cars, amazing.

So its now 1 - 1.

Registered
The Daimler had chrome grille, mirrors and bumper trims etc, and you didn't buy it :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Difficult to say without seeing what they look like on your particular car, but my instinct would be you fell in love with it as it is, so.........................

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Daimler had chrome grille, mirrors and bumper trims etc, and you didn't buy it :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Difficult to say without seeing what they look like on your particular car, but my instinct would be you fell in love with it as it is, so.........................
Morning, I didn't not buy the Daimler because of the Chrome, it was mileage, age and I preferred the X358 shape. Plus, the Emerald Fire Green colour is my all-time favorite.

This appears to be a disallowed penalty call from "Leave it as it is United". Thus still 1 all.

Premium Member
There is a reason why the designers gave it the chrome it has, it looks right. Leave well enough alone lest you end up with a boy racers clown car.

Reactions: John Wilko

Registered
I also think that the later model 358 is not streamlined at the front end enough for chrome sleakiness.
But heh the only one it really matters to is you.
If you like the look then get...they can be taken off so no damage..like jewellery..they leave no permanent marks except in the wallet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I also think that the later model 358 is not streamlined at the front end enough for chrome sleakiness.
But heh the only one it really matters to is you.
If you like the look then get...they can be taken off so no damage..like jewellery..they leave no permanent marks except in the wallet.
Yes, I agree with all of that, as the X351 & 356 have the chrome bumper inserts.

I may purchase the parts and see what I think and either install them or sell them. But I wanted to see what the feedback would be.

So it's now 2-1 to "Leave it as it is United".
There is a reason why the designers gave it the chrome it has, it looks right. Leave well enough alone lest you end up with a boy racers clown car.
LOL 馃ぁ, but if everyone did that then all / lots of the accessory / aftermarket car part manufactures would be out of business. Like all things in life, it's subjective / a matter of personal taste etc. I'm unsure whether 'to' or 'not to' hence my post.

3-1 to "Leave it as it is United", but can "Chrome it City" catch up?

Registered
The Daimler had chrome grille, mirrors and bumper trims etc, and you didn't buy it :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Morning, I didn't not buy the Daimler because of the Chrome, it was mileage, age and I preferred the X358 shape. Plus, the Emerald Fire Green colour is my all-time favorite.
It was just my sideways attempt at a little tongue in cheek humour :rolleyes:

This appears to be a disallowed penalty call from "Leave it as it is United". Thus still 1 all.
And that was me sitting on the fence :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registered
Never thought of myself as a boy racer with a clown car but heh ill take it from you Jim馃槅

Registered
Fine no worries at all (y), I appreciate :) feedback, comments and especially humor :LOL:.
If it helps any (doubtful :)), generally, I'm not a big chrome fan (but that's probably down to the cost of having it re-done on some of my restorations), but it can set a car off. When we got the S type sport, the previous owner had replaced all the body colour trims with the chrome items from an SE model, (Grille, bumper trims and boot trim) but included all the original parts in the sale. After looking at a few Sport models without the chrome, I left the body coloured stuff in the box and kept the chrome look. They just looked plain and boring without the chrome. ;)
OW

Registered
Jaguar S-Type R, registered Dec 2005
I think the 358 is a bit too muscular looking to suit a lot of chrome compared to the 350. The chrome front wing vent looks ok on a dark car, I can't even find a picture of a 358 with much more chrome than that.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the 358 is a bit too muscular looking to suit a lot of chrome compared to the 350. The chrome front wing vent looks ok on a dark car, I can't even find a picture of a 358 with much more chrome than that.
Seems the census of opinion thus far is not to Chrome it up. I鈥檓 ok with that and the forum is good for this type of enquiry / feedback etc. 馃憤

1 - 20 of 95 Posts