Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

Registered
The car looks perfect the way it is.
I think modifying older cars can make them look one step closer to the scrap heap.
Whereas, the original factory look on an older car, suggests it鈥檚 special enough to be preserved. A modern classic.

Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The car looks perfect the way it is.
I think modifying older cars can make them look one step closer to the scrap heap.
Whereas, the original factory look on an older car, suggests it鈥檚 special enough to be preserved. A modern classic.
Thank's and fair comment.

Premium Member
Dear all, can I have your thoughts please on whether to add some chrome trims to my XJ X358 or not.

I don't want it to look like a Christmas 馃巺 tree 馃巹, although the car is green, or too blingy 馃拵馃拵馃摽, but I feel adding the chrome trim around the front and rear lights and wing mirror caps might add a little extra "je ne sais quoi".

I've seen these chrome trims before and like them, although personally I feel they always look good, but slightly better on a darker coloured car.

I'd be very interested in peoples thoughts and comments etc, thank you.

View attachment 58425
Hey Charlie, decisions, decisions eh?

She's a lovely thing, really nice in that colour too.

Chrome side vents and mirror covers may just make her pop that little more, here's my old X358 as an idea, albeit in black

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Shows the contrast quite clearly

As has been said, they're not really a lot of money, and easily added / removed if you want to change the look again or simply revert back at any time

Your car, your choice, do what you feel is right for you, simples.

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hey Charlie, decisions, decisions eh?

She's a lovely thing, really nice in that colour too.

Chrome side vents and mirror covers may just make her pop that little more, here's my old X358 as an idea, albeit in black

View attachment 58439

Shows the contrast quite clearly

As has been said, they're not really a lot of money, and easily added / removed if you want to change the look again or simply revert back at any time

Your car, your choice, do what you feel is right for you, simples.

Jim
Oh NO!!! 馃槻 :eek:馃槚, For heaven's sake. That's gorgeous as well, wow love it (any more photos), and you're right the chrome looks amazing. I've got the same wheels on my XKR.

I had come to the same conclusion and that I will purchase the ones for the lights first. See how they look, and if I'm happy then i'll continue with the mirrors and then possible the side vents. As you rightfully say, they don't cost a fortune.

Premium Member
Oh NO!!! 馃槻 :eek:馃槚, For heaven's sake. That's gorgeous as well, wow love it (any more photos), and you're right the chrome looks amazing. I've got the same wheels on my XKR.

I had come to the same conclusion and that I will purchase the ones for the lights first. See how they look, and if I'm happy then i'll continue with the mirrors and then possible the side vents. As you rightfully say, they don't cost a fortune.
Hi Charlie, here's a couple more pics you asked for

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

She always got plenty of attention, those X358 lines are just something.
The chrome was "just enough" for me, any more would've been way over the top.

Those Senta wheels though, absolutely loved them, just stunning and really suited the car

One word though, you mention about doing the lights first?
If you're talking about adding the chrome around the front and rear lights, as I think you are, personally I would avoid doing that.

Mine's came with them on, I probably have some pics somewhere, but couldn't get them off quickly enough if I'm honest

Hope it helps, at least gives you options one way or another (y)

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi Charlie, here's a couple more pics you asked for

View attachment 58441
View attachment 58442

She always got plenty of attention, those X358 lines are just something.
The chrome was "just enough" for me, any more would've been way over the top.

Those Senta wheels though, absolutely loved them, just stunning and really suited the car

One word though, you mention about doing the lights first?
If you're talking about adding the chrome around the front and rear lights, as I think you are, personally I would avoid doing that.

Mine's came with them on, I probably have some pics somewhere, but couldn't get them off quickly enough if I'm honest

Hope it helps, at least gives you options one way or another (y)

Jim
Simply stunning. Where did you get those chrome parts from. Are the ones for the mirrors replacements or do they just clip over? Understood ref your chrome trim for the lights comments.

Premium Member
Simply stunning. Where did you get those chrome parts from. Are the ones for the mirrors replacements or do they just clip over? Understood ref your chrome trim for the lights comments.
Hi Charlie, check out Adamesh for everything you need, I got the exhaust tips from there too, although sure yours are already in great nick and look fine.

They're not a lot of money for what they are, and if you're of a mind, worth giving it a go.

I can't stress enough though, that the light surrounds front n rear are just a step too far and don't do anything for the looks

The mirror covers and side vents are both simply stuck on with 3m tape, already good to go, as a lot of OEM body mouldings and parts are too, never had any issues with mine

Hope it helps

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi Charlie, check out Adamesh for everything you need, I got the exhaust tips from there too, although sure yours are already in great nick and look fine.

They're not a lot of money for what they are, and if you're of a mind, worth giving it a go.

I can't stress enough though, that the light surrounds front n rear are just a step too far and don't do anything for the looks

The mirror covers and side vents are both simply stuck on with 3m tape, already good to go, as a lot of OEM body mouldings and parts are too, never had any issues with mine

Hope it helps

Jim
Thanks Jim, I will take heed of that and give it some thought.

I have just bought from DVLA Select Registration, number "XJ58JAG" which I am sure will look super cool :cool: on the car 馃殫. I had seen your REG and thought I'd have a look to see what was available.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

I have just bought from DVLA Select Registration, number "XJ58JAG" which I am sure will look super cool :cool: on the car 馃殫. I had seen your REG and thought I'd have a look to see what was available.
Pity there wasn't such a number in exsistance that was "XJ358JAG"

Premium Member

Nice one Charlie, THAT is a very good reg for that car, will suit it just fine.

Looking forward to seeing it on the car along with whatever else you decide to do, always nice to see another project starting

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nice one Charlie, THAT is a very good reg for that car, will suit it just fine.

Looking forward to seeing it on the car along with whatever else you decide to do, always nice to see another project starting

Jim
Yes, I think so too, but more than I wanted to pay but Hey Ho, if you want it you have to pay for it. But yes, hoping it will look impressive.

To be honest there's not much to do apart from a full Charlie valet 鉁嬸煂婐煣拣煣絘s the dealers never do it like you do.

Premium Member
Yes, I think so too, but more than I wanted to pay but Hey Ho, if you want it you have to pay for it. But yes, hoping it will look impressive.

To be honest there's not much to do apart from a full Charlie valet 鉁嬸煂婐煣拣煣絘s the dealers never do it like you do.
She's going to be eye catching enough anyway, especially in that colour, a few of your own special touches, the reg, and as you say, a proper clean.

Definitely something

Jim

21 - 40 of 95 Posts