Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
She's going to be eye catching enough anyway, especially in that colour, a few of your own special touches, the reg, and as you say, a proper clean.

Definitely something

Jim
I am looking forward to polishing it, but I need to either move some cars out of my garage or wait till the flipping rain 馃導馃導馃挩鈽攕tops. It's been at it up here in Lancashire for almost 24 hours none stop. I guess I could at least sit inside and do some interior cleaning etc.

Premium Member
I am looking forward to polishing it, but I need to either move some cars out of my garage or wait till the flipping rain 馃導馃導馃挩鈽攕tops. It's been at it up here in Lancashire for almost 24 hours none stop. I guess I could at least sit inside and do some interior cleaning etc.
Charlie, how many cars you got?
I was looking and reading as more than a few??

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
LOL too many, but now it's 7 Jaguars.
What's the best way / best stuff to use to clean 馃Ъ the leather interior, door cards, top of dash etc. etc.
They are not heavily soiled, but I want to get them cleaner. Is it simply hot soapy water, clean cloth but don't rub too hard?

Registered
Nearly a big school boy error there Charlie, never ever get caught or admit to house interior cleaning, it's a completely different thing and should only ever be discussed on mumsnet or similar, or if extremely drunk with a trusted friend or two that don't have any recording devices with them... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JimC64

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
What's the best way / best stuff to use to clean 馃Ъ the leather interior, door cards, top of dash etc. etc.
They are not heavily soiled, but I want to get them cleaner. Is it simply hot soapy water, clean cloth but don't rub too hard?
These plus the new XJ. I have no idea how I have ended up with so many Jags 馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煠︹嶁檪锔. Have a BMW M3 E92 V8 and a Audi TTRS Convert, manual gear box.

Attachments

Premium Member
There are various products out there, I use Autoglym leather cleaner and Autoglym Leather balm

The dash should just be a wipe over I'd imagine.

The door cards and leather itself, if grimy...
Use a small hand nailbrush and gently agitate the AG Leather cleaner as required, then wipe and buff with a clean microfibre towel, treat with AG leather balm afterwards
The difference can be like night n day

Here's a before and after of Peters old X type seat
Tints and shades Automotive design Car seat Auto part Car seat cover

Jim

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Nearly a big school boy error there Charlie, never ever get caught or admit to house interior cleaning, it's a completely different thing and should only ever be discussed on mumsnet or similar, or if extremely drunk with a trusted friend or two that don't have any recording devices with them... ;)
LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:. Sadly, I live on my own so if I don't do it, then no one will

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
There are various products out there, I use Autoglym leather cleaner and Autoglym Leather balm

The dash should just be a wipe over I'd imagine.

The door cards and leather itself, if grimy...
Use a small hand nailbrush and gently agitate the AG Leather cleaner as required, then wipe and buff with a clean microfibre towel, treat with AG leather balm afterwards
The difference can be like night n day

Here's a before and after of Peters old X type seat
View attachment 58449

Jim
Great thanks Jim, Oh wow, what a great image / comparison, I will follow your recommendations.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
These plus the new XJ. I have no idea how I have ended up with so many Jags 馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煠︹嶁檪锔. Have a BMW M3 E92 V8 and a Audi TTRS Convert, manual gear box.
F Type R around 8,000 miles only.
XFRS around 41,000 miles.
XKRS around 7,000 miles.
XKR X150 19,000 miles.
F Pace SVR 10,356 miles, I've been in it today.
XKR X100 11,000 miles.
And
XJ 42,000 miles.

OMG ??? LOL I forgot, I have another one. SVR 'F' Type 1 of 1. 1,100 miles.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part Vehicle

Registered
I like all of the chrome add-ons that you have installed, but not the wheel arch embellishers. I think they would look good on a dark colour car, but on the platinum car, they look a little over the top. JMHO.

Reactions: mbd424

Registered
LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:. Sadly, I live on my own so if I don't do it, then no one will
With that arsenal in your garage/on your drive.. I'd of said that that was pretty much a forgone conclusion Charlie!!.. 馃榿

Fair play, either way!

Which then reminds me, I installed a new 'XYZ' at a customer not far from me a few years ago that lives in what was a fuel station/garage.. I wandered out the back to what was originally the garage/car fixing place to discover 12, yes twelve!! E-Type's in various states of repair.. upon asking which were his, his reply was "only 9"!!..

Once I got up from the floor.. he looked at me and said: "I had 13 at one point.." as if that were some kind of 'normal'!!.. :oops:

They were parked besides one of the very, very last E-Types off of the production line that been offered silly money for from Jaguar (black and convertible IIRC) and a Ferrari F-40 that he bought "on the way back from a show in the west end" because he liked the colour.. his father then lambasted him, for buying something Italian!!.. 馃榿

Reactions: JimC64

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
With that arsenal in your garage/on your drive.. I'd of said that that was pretty much a forgone conclusion Charlie!!.. 馃榿

Fair play, either way!

Which then reminds me, I installed a new 'XYZ' at a customer not far from me a few years ago that lives in what was a fuel station/garage.. I wandered out the back to what was originally the garage/car fixing place to discover 12, yes twelve!! E-Type's in various states of repair.. upon asking which were his, his reply was "only 9"!!..

Once I got up from the floor.. he looked at me and said: "I had 13 at one point.." as if that were some kind of 'normal'!!.. :oops:

They were parked besides one of the very, very last E-Types off of the production line that been offered silly money for from Jaguar (black and convertible IIRC) and a Ferrari F-40 that he bought "on the way back from a show in the west end" because he liked the colour.. his father then lambasted him, for buying something Italian!!.. 馃榿
LOL, I've not told you about the motor bikes yet???

Good story made me smile and chuckle. I don't know the guy you are referring to, but I like him already. Amazing really what people have tucked away / collect etc. etc.

Registered
LOL, I've not told you about the motor bikes yet???

Good story made me smile and chuckle. I don't know the guy you are referring to, but I like him already. Amazing really what people have tucked away / collect etc. etc.
More needs to be told on the motor cycles please Charlie!

erm.. you probably wouldn't want to meet him, he has some somewhat antiquated and what might be considered 'not middle of the road' in this day and age ideas/opinions..

Unlike the very nice chap who has (or at least did have) a half dozen or so Ferrari's from the 50/60's nestled in his garage that lives/lived in the other direction and not that far from here.. Proper nice chap.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
More needs to be told on the motor cycles please Charlie!

erm.. you probably wouldn't want to meet him, he has some somewhat antiquated and what might be considered 'not middle of the road' in this day and age ideas/opinions..

Unlike the very nice chap who has (or at least did have) a half dozen or so Ferrari's from the 50/60's nestled in his garage that lives/lived in the other direction and not that far from here.. Proper nice chap.
Ducati 916SPS Carl Fogarty Replica
Honda CBR 600FS
Honda CB1000R
Honda CB900 Hornet
And a Kawasaki Z900 RS-SE on order for 1st March next year.

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Helmet
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Registered
Nicely filled stable Charlie.. and all without having to suffer any horse poo!!.. ;)

Premium Member
I dont like, i cant see it from here and i dont own it.

I dont like,i cant see it from here and i dont own it, i have tried stuff and took it off again sometimes in seconds and sometimes in the weeks that follow. Only you can decide.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I was told 馃ぃ jags are chick magnets..
Ha ha, well, I鈥檓 living proof that鈥檚 totally not the case, I've got 8 jags but no girl friend, no friend with benefits totally on my own 鈽. The only time I鈥檝e got a chick in my life is when a get a KFC!

41 - 60 of 88 Posts