Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

· Premium Member
5,553 Posts
Ha ha, well, I’m living proof that’s totally not the case, I've got 8 jags but no girl friend, no friend with benefits totally on my own ☹
Yeah my Jags broken as well

• Haha
Reactions: Ashanti

· Registered
944 Posts
I like all of the chrome add-ons that you have installed, but not the wheel arch embellishers. I think they would look good on a dark colour car, but on the platinum car, they look a little over the top. JMHO.
its all a bit of fun...still dreaming of the 20 inch chrome sepangs....

Reactions: PetA

· Premium Member
17,930 Posts
F Type R around 8,000 miles only.
XFRS around 41,000 miles.
XKRS around 7,000 miles.
XKR X150 19,000 miles.
F Pace SVR 10,356 miles, I've been in it today.
XKR X100 11,000 miles.
And
XJ 42,000 miles.

OMG ??? LOL I forgot, I have another one. SVR 'F' Type 1 of 1. 1,100 miles.

View attachment 58450 View attachment 58451
Wow, not envious much at all, honest!! lol
Fair ole collection Charlie, fair play.

Jim

· Registered
XFRS, XKR, XKRS, F Type R, F Type SVR, F Pace SVR, XKR
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Wow, not envious much at all, honest!! lol
Fair ole collection Charlie, fair play.

Jim
Thanks Jim. I’m looking forward to retiring in a few years then I can enjoy my cars 🏎, motorbikes 🏍, photography 📸 and course fishing 🎣, sounds like heaven to me.

· Registered
299 Posts
Dear all, can I have your thoughts please on whether to add some chrome trims to my XJ X358 or not.

I don't want it to look like a Christmas 🎅 tree 🎄, although the car is green, or too blingy 💎💎📿, but I feel adding the chrome trim around the front and rear lights and wing mirror caps might add a little extra "je ne sais quoi".

I've seen these chrome trims before and like them, although personally I feel they always look good, but slightly better on a darker coloured car.

I'd be very interested in peoples thoughts and comments etc, thank you.

View attachment 58425
Hi, beautifil car as is, i have emetald fire xtype and i always fit the adamesh chrome fog light surrounds - tiny tweak but classu i think.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
To
Personally I think there is quite enough chrome from the factory, but each to their own ?
I took my XJ to Williams Jaguar today, I get all my cars serviced there, great team of guys, to get it on the ramps to do a under car inspection. The seller told me it was immaculate but I’d not had it up on the ramps to see for myself before collecting it from London on Wednesday. OMG :eek:, he wasn’t wrong :love:🤗, photos 📸 to follow.

As the service booking in area wasn’t that busy and I had my polishing stuff in the boot of the car, I took the opportunity to polish it in a warm, clean, tidy environment.

4 hours later with only 50% of the car done I needed to leave, but not before taking around 50 photos. Tomorrow, weather permitting I’ll finish the outside off. Then at least 2 hours on the wheels and tires. Next weekend I’ll spend all day on the interior and on Sunday I’ll do under the bonnet.

So here’s a few photos of my polishing efforts, or should I be saying “Detailing” as that seems to be the buzz word these days.

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Car Tire
Automotive side marker light Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Car
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Wheel

· Registered
7,772 Posts
If you're going to drive it in all weathers, set some protection underneath on those subframes. Even just spraying everything with ACF50.

Don't forget to ask for a discount at Williams Manc, they'll knock a chunk off servicing if you speak to the right person. Even in parts you can get a bit off.

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
To

I took my XJ to Williams Jaguar today, I get all my cars serviced there, great team of guys, to get it on the ramps to do a under car inspection. The seller told me it was immaculate but I’d not had it up on the ramps to see for myself before collecting it from London on Wednesday. OMG :eek:, he wasn’t wrong :love:🤗, photos 📸 to follow.

As the service booking in area wasn’t that busy and I had my polishing stuff in the boot of the car, I took the opportunity to polish it in a warm, clean, tidy environment.

4 hours later with only 50% of the car done I needed to leave, but not before taking around 50 photos. Tomorrow, weather permitting I’ll finish the outside off. Then at least 2 hours on the wheels and tires. Next weekend I’ll spend all day on the interior and on Sunday I’ll do under the bonnet.

So here’s a few photos of my polishing efforts, or should I be saying “Detailing” as that seems to be the buzz word these days.

View attachment 58498 View attachment 58499 View attachment 58501 View attachment 58502 View attachment 58503 View attachment 58504 View attachment 58507 View attachment 58508 View attachment 58509 View attachment 58510
Thanks John.

If you're going to drive it in all weathers, set some protection underneath on those subframes. Even just spraying everything with ACF50.

Don't forget to ask for a discount at Williams Manc, they'll knock a chunk off servicing if you speak to the right person. Even in parts you can get a bit off.
Yes, for sure that is my plan, and will be getting it done sooner than later.
I’ve been dealing with them since 2007 when I bought my XKR, it was Strathstone at Upper Brooke street M/cr, and they treat me really well. There cannot be too many customers that they have that get all 8 Jaguar cars serviced by them each year. Well they flipping better had be giving me the best price lol 😂.

Stopped on the way home to take a few outside shoots but it was very overcast.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Thanks John.

Yes, for sure that is my plan, and will be getting it done sooner than later.
I’ve been dealing with them since 2007 when I bought my XKR, it was Strathstone at Upper Brooke street M/cr, and they treat me really well. There cannot be too many customers that they have that get all 8 Jaguar cars serviced by them each year. Well they flipping better had be giving me the best price lol 😂.

Stopped on the way home to take a few outside shoots but it was very overcast.
View attachment 58513 View attachment 58515
View attachment 58519 View attachment 58521
Not too shabby for 13 years old. I think I’ve got a good one here 😀😎, I’m well chuffed ☺😄
Wheel White Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Hood
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
White Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Hood

· Registered
306 Posts

· Registered
7,772 Posts
It’s unbelievable how clean the roads are in certain parts of the world and then their cars. I’ve seen it in the US too. It isn’t just the salting, there’s a lack of dirt too.

I’ve used Williams Manc since Royles Wilmslow shut. Although I do most of it myself really.

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
It’s unbelievable how clean the roads are in certain parts of the world and then their cars. I’ve seen it in the US too. It isn’t just the salting, there’s a lack of dirt too.

I’ve used Williams Manc since Royles Wilmslow shut. Although I do most of it myself really.
So true. My XJ is a 1 owner Japanese import, 46,000 miles. I’m so please with it.

Whilst I was cleaning 🧼 🚿it today at Williams a customer came over and started to look at it. He opened the drivers door to get in whilst I was polishing the exhaust. I jumped up immediately and he said do I know if this is for sale, and how much is it? When I told him it was mine he apologise, he must have thought I was the valeter, but said what a stunning car, so beautiful and classy.
For me, moments like this are priceless ☺🕺🥳

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
It looks fantastic Lance, the underside is unbelievable !

Looking forward to seeing it at the JDC meeting in December.
Many thanks, but sadly it will be too dark / no sunshine for the Emerald Fire pop. You’ve got one up on me here, ref your true ID. You obviously know me, are you John G ??

· Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,976 Posts
Dear all, can I have your thoughts please on whether to add some chrome trims to my XJ X358 or not.

I don't want it to look like a Christmas 🎅 tree 🎄, although the car is green, or too blingy 💎💎📿, but I feel adding the chrome trim around the front and rear lights and wing mirror caps might add a little extra "je ne sais quoi".

I've seen these chrome trims before and like them, although personally I feel they always look good, but slightly better on a darker coloured car.

I'd be very interested in peoples thoughts and comments etc, thank you.

View attachment 58425
It's all down to you so please yourself as you only have yourself to please, but since you asked my response is 'let her be'.

For me, the stunning shimmer of her coat and chrome accents already present are all that's needed for this majestic beauty.

Reactions: TheVoices2

· Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
It's all down to you so please yourself as you only have yourself to please, but since you asked my response is 'let her be'.

For me, the stunning shimmer of her coat and chrome accents already present are all that's needed for this majestic beauty.
The chrome / fake chrome bits are not too expensive so I may just buy & try the front and rear light one’s. If in a few weeks you see some for sale on this forum then you’ll no there where not for me 👍

61 - 80 of 95 Posts