Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few threads on the forum mention that it's possible to input a VIN into TOPIx to find the build details.
I've tried but had no luck, all I get is "Your search did not match any documents".
Am I doing something wrong, or have things changed on their system?

Thanks. Les.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
1. Enter valid VIN (full or last 8 digits).
2. Click Find - "basic" Vehicle Features are displayed.
3. Click Show more vehicle features button at the end of the Vehicle Features banner for "full" details.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I've been using the full VIN, so I will have a go with the last 8 as you suggest and see if that works.

Cheers. Les.

·
Registered
314 Posts
And just put in VIN and not model as well - took me a while to work that out! VIN boxes change to green.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I got there eventually, after being required to set up an account with name, address etc., using the last 8-digit option of the VIN.

After all the bother there doesn't appear to be much vehicle information on offer and, oddly, it suggests that mine is a 2006 model despite it being registered in Nov '05 (55).

I'd quite like it to be an '06 model as it would then be Euro-4 compliant, which according to TfL it isn't ... it could even be a 2004 model, who knows?

Confused? Yes, me too! :confused:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys but I still had no luck.
It says that you have to be logged in to do a VIN search and to register an account means being a garage/dealer, etc.
I'll have to give it a miss.

Cheers. Les.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
After all the bother there doesn't appear to be much vehicle information on offer and, oddly, it suggests that mine is a 2006 model despite it being registered in Nov '05 (55).:
If it was built in the later part of 2005, it is very likely to be MY2006 spec.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
It says that you have to be logged in to do a VIN search and to register an account means being a garage/dealer, etc.
If you register as an "independent", it is a non-subscription account for owners or non-dealers.

If you just want to know the details stored for your car, just let us know the VIN (PM me if you prefer) and we can post/send the details for you.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
... I'm still confused about this Euro-4 business ...
What does Topix say under the entry"Emission requirements"?

For my E5 2011 XKR, it says STAGE V EMISSIONS.

The 2000 S-Type is too old and there is no helpful info - it just say: 2000EC CAR REQTS. We have a cert for our cars here and it says E3 there.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Neil.

Thanks for the info that you sent me, I really appreciate it.

I note that there is no mention of it being a 'Le Mans' edition so presume that's because it was a Stratstone special and not an official Jaguar model.

Good info anyway.

Cheers. Les.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.