Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After purchasing a 1 hr subscription last night I was able to enter the TOPIx website and access some documents, such as Maintenance check sheets/Oil Specifications/ Wheel Alignment/ Technical Buletins, but, I was unable to access the workshop manual. When I tried to access the workshop manual I would get a pop up box asking to purchase a subscription (I had already done so and was within the access period). Once the access period had expired I got a pop up box "Access Denied". Why am I unable to access the Workshop Manual (Section 5 I think).

I am in correspondence with the JLR IT dept in India, but am getting no-where........IS IT ME!!! The helpful people there may speak our language, but don't seem to understand it (sadly I don't speak theirs)

I don't suppose the Haynes Manual is any good?!!

Thanks for any help.

Neil

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Which year workshop manual do you need Neil?

·
Premium Member
23,812 Posts
Ok Neil, trying to get one for you at the moment.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Watching this with interest. :)

Roger

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim you are a star!! Thank you so much.....I had bitten the bullet before I found your message, so I have paid a tenner for the ebay one that Poundy (thank you) suggested......damn, too late, but will advise if it is the same as the one you have sent.

DTC too!!

Thanks again Gents, so great to have you around for support......better than JLR!!

Neil

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
There are a few changes on the facelift model to the 2010, once you get around the functioning of the manual it can be quite useful.

Worth also remembering that JLR's online service records site is better than it was, you can now just enter your vin and view what the service criteria is for your MY car, at any given year/mileage from the drop down menu, if unsure what is needed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, thanks......I may refer to the TOPIx website again when in desperation.......this is the latest in a string of emails from the IT support after I filled out an Excell sheet with everything less my inside leg measurement:

Hi,

Greetings for the day!!!!!!

Please find update from the support Team ,

Many thanks for raising this issue with us, So that we may assist you further, can you please provide the VIN for the vehicle you were trying to access information for within TOPIx? This will just provide us with some more detail and allow us to try to replicate your issue. Please be advised, as you have been requested to supply additional information with regards to your query, we will assume that your concern has been resolved and we will close this ticket after seven working days (14/03/2019) if we have not received the additional information requested from you. Best regards,

Thanks and Regards,

Dealer Service Desk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.