Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '07 2.7d beeped wildly at me last night and came up with multiple messages Brake Fluid Low ( it wasn't ), DSC unavailable, Parkbrake fault..plus a couple more. But it did drive home. With all those messages I suspected a low battery,- (the car was not used for 5 days and did a series of short journeys for 4 days afterwards).
So charged it up overnight. ( Battery is less than a year old. ) No change this morning - same messages. The parkbrake won't apply ( usual fault is that it wont release ) and the accelerator is unresponsive - ie engine will only idle. Beeps at me even with the keys out until I lock it. Have released the earth cable and replaced it but no change. Any ideas what's going on.?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
It sounds so like low battery is the problem!
How exactly did you charge the battery, and on what kind of charger?
The battery shouldn’t be shot at less than a year old (even though they don’t like becoming fully discharged), but which battery and what power is it?

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
My '07 2.7d beeped wildly at me last night and came up with multiple messages Brake Fluid Low ( it wasn't ), DSC unavailable, Parkbrake fault..plus a couple more. But it did drive home. With all those messages I suspected a low battery,- (the car was not used for 5 days and did a series of short journeys for 4 days afterwards).
So charged it up overnight. ( Battery is less than a year old. ) No change this morning - same messages. The parkbrake won't apply ( usual fault is that it wont release ) and the accelerator is unresponsive - ie engine will only idle. Beeps at me even with the keys out until I lock it. Have released the earth cable and replaced it but no change. Any ideas what's going on.?
Hello Cap'n!

These symptoms are certainly of low voltage, it's that time of year when batteries weaken and don't fully charge.

Problem is you're not telling us the voltage bud.

And no codes.

Can't keep shooting in the dark it will cost you lots more dosh.

If you don't have a DVM you need one, or go to a local indie for best fix.

You can read your own codes with a cheap ELM327, £10 from eBay to use with your Android smartphone or iPhone with free apps like Torque Lite.

Let us know more.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
have you checked the voltage it should be over 12.6 volts after you have charged it. Also check the earth connection I have found a couple of times that the connector can work loose on the negative pole.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I took it off this morning the 'conditioning' light was on - meaning it had fully charged and was now in its monitoring mode. I don't see how leaving it on tonight will change that - unless there's a way to 'force' it to recharge continually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.