Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok all i'm struggling to understand and identify my 02 car, how can i tell if my 2002 (SP02W**) is a 2002 or a 2002.5my/ what is X200, X202, X204, X206?

My VIN number is SAJAC01P42FM5**** and according to TOPlx it is a series 30 with 6 speed 6HP26 ? what ever that means,

Just trying to fully identify my car so that when i buy parts and spares for it i get the right parts first time.

thanks Tony

·
Registered
6,390 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
As I figure, X200 is the mk1 from 98-02.

X202-204 are the mk1.5. Mix and match of styles and interior like the boot lid and rear lights, grille and lower front bumper carried over from the mk1 but the better interior of the mk2/facelift hence mk1.5.

X206 is the mk2 or facelift from 03ish till model runout with heavily revised styling to the front and rear bumpers and boot lid plus suspension revisions.

The he interior of a mk1.5 differed slightly like the clocks and minor trim changes.

The 6hp26 is the more reliable 6speed ZF gearbox which is better than the ford 5speed auto box.

Hope this is of help.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you use this nice electronic parts cat from Jaguar youn will find that it always goes from the last digits of the VIN number to tell you which parts you need.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/...download-complete-install-instructions-48194/

But I think as you have the ZF gearbox you have a post facelift car 2002.5my but I would check with this program.
well after three hours of trying, i still cant do it, i get as far as "Then CLICK on the JEPC folder, hold down control and click on the jepcv3 folder (so both are highlighted).
Right click and say CUT. (or press control X)" nothing..... no cut, lots of other options but no cut, no copy....... tried several times but it takes nearly 10 minutes to download the file and and im getting very frustrated.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
well after three hours of trying, i still cant do it, i get as far as "Then CLICK on the JEPC folder, hold down control and click on the jepcv3 folder (so both are highlighted).
Right click and say CUT. (or press control X)" nothing..... no cut, lots of other options but no cut, no copy....... tried several times but it takes nearly 10 minutes to download the file and and im getting very frustrated.
Did you follow the instructions on how to set it up from the site I sent you. it has to be expanded first I used 7 zip or it will not work

it works perfectly on all of my computers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.