Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys. Having spent the last 3 years in a vw R32 and GTI, both with aftermarket exhausts I'm used to a bit of noise lol. What's the easiest/cheapest way of getting a bit of noise from a 3.0d s without compromising performance? I'd like to hear that v6 if possible lol.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Think you might be hard pushed to get a good grunt sound from the 3L TD I had some new back boxes fitted and it only made a slight difference in the sound on my V6 TD but it was looks not sound I wanted so you might need to look at the whole system even then I suspect you would have to have the DPF deleted to get any change in sound.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Get yourself a decent CD of great engine sounds and play that at high volume:-D

Roger

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You could always give the neighbours a treat and leave as it is, much better than pi$$ing them off all the time, it would me! Phil

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
"Pace with Grace", not a Ford Focus with a hole in its exhaust.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
TBPH, if you want the throaty sound you ought to look for the R (petrol) variants. The 5.0L V8 with its supercharger sounds more sporty. The diesels are designed to be quiet.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Varex Mufflers

Not listed on their web so you would need to order by size

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.